Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon - Good to start with?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Howya lads,

What would be your opinions on a starting off car such at the Seat Leon 1.4lt.?

The year would be 01/02 year. about 4k-6k? Comments much appreciated...

Whats bad is the main points I want but good ones too:D

Cheers

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Well it's basically a vw golf, so whatever gives trouble on the golf would be near enough the same on the leon.

I have an 03 leon myself but not a 1.4.
    Problems I've had are...

Door seal leak, easy fix.
    Leak from seam in bulkhead, not so easy to fix!
    Coil pack died, known issue with vag coil packs.

Most of the switch gear is the same as a golf and the dash is from an A3.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Neilw wrote: »
    ....coil pack died, known issue with vag coil packs...

They too can go in any car really, my brothers Subaru just got one....

I think they are a very good car. Service history is something I'd go out of my way to look for if you can get it (not a lot of people thought about it until recently). As with most modern cars, you're better off with a obviously well minded high mileage example than one with 50k on the clock and no means of verifying it.

I'd expect you'll need to spend somewhere higher in your price range to get a definite good one. http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=843505 Nice set of wheels and you're away.

Advertisement