Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tenants wanted

Options
  • 18-12-2007 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

can anyone reccommend a good site or place to advertise a room in my house that i want to rent out???? im with daft but didn know u gotta pay.... is it better to go with a newspaper ad???????? or just put up notices in tesco? i'd be really fussy seeing as its my brand spanking new first own home.....

im kinda new to all this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

all_smilz wrote: »
    can anyone reccommend a good site or place to advertise a room in my house that i want to rent out???? im with daft but didn know u gotta pay.... is it better to go with a newspaper ad???????? or just put up notices in tesco? i'd be really fussy seeing as its my brand spanking new first own home.....

im kinda new to all this.

You are in Cork aren't you?

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

You don't have to pay with Daft. There's a free account, just make sure you renew the ad every day or so to keep it near the top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Daft is definitely the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Illkillya wrote: »
    Daft is definitely the best.
    cheers folks.... i didnt know about being able to advertise for free and dont want a load of weirdos from the papers ringing up....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

-Accom. offices in both UCC & CIT will allow you put up cards in their offices and also add your listing to their sites for free.
    -Notice Boards in Tesco's & super valu etc.
    -If all else fails, the Echo would prob be your best bet, i'm guessing its about €20 squid for a small ad.

i had thought about the accom office alright as i used to live next to it...

not being snooty about students but i was looking for a more professional type of tenant, someone who can pay the rent and not wreck the place.... having been a student in rented accom for many years i know how little respect was had for the places we lived in (which were mostly dumps)
    also i need someone to stay at least 18 months til i am working again and most students will sod off for summer or find somewhere cheap to live....

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

You should give www.add.ie a try. I use it quite a bit and a few buddies of mine have had success using it. It's free as well. Good luck getting suitable tenants.

cheers i'll check it out.... know im being awfully precious about it but i;ve lived with SO many BLANK hawks it's made me wary....

I know yeah i rented as well myself for a while when i was a student and we didnt really give a crap about the place. It'd be different if you had professionals in though. I've heard of a few landlords who throw in the carrot of sending a cleaner in once a week. Tenant thinks "nice one, less work for me" but landlord can easily be kept updated on how the place is being maintained. Worth the few euro you'd pay the cleaner i reckon.

well i'll be living there myself.... so i just dont want to live with mess.... am a freak iknow! used to run a b&b in bantry and it made a tidy bridie out of me....

• Advertisement

Sorry didn't realise you'd be living there too, that's what i get for only skimming over posts :D

Sorry didn't realise you'd be living there too, that's what i get for only skimming over posts :D
    no worries.
    maybe i didnt make that point clear.... hence i am being so fussy.... cos i'd have to put up wit em! lol!

Ur dead right girl, demand the best :-)

Advertisement