Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery Not Charging

Options
  • 18-12-2007 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I understand that once a car falls below a certain level the car will stop charging it, this has happened to mine but i was wondering would a recharge fix the battery or do i need to buy a new one. It is taking about 3 attempts to start my E46 these days and i am 99% sure its the battery.

Rgds
    Tony

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If your battery is over 5 years old you may want to replace it. I think that's their recommended lifespan. If it's newer then could be somthing else, like the alternator.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If the battery was shot it wouldn't turn over the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If the battery was shot it wouldn't turn over the engine.

I would agree with this, especially as its an E46, cause the battery is in the boot... the battery cable to the starter is very long hence if your battery was on the way out it would not turn the car over at all.... If it can turn your car over 3 times & then start it i would say your battery is ok....

Advertisement