Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move post please

Options
  • 18-12-2007 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Could someone please move my post back to it's own thread, for the reasons stated in said post.
    And I actually posted it before I knew about the other thread.

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi kleefarr, that post seems to have been merged with another similar thread is that correct?

When two threads are merged the earlier thread (and posts) will be sorted by date, therefore the oldest thread/post will be an earlier post in the thread, this is why your post/thread is the fourth post in the one thread.

As for unmerging your personal post into a seperate thread: I can do this but I don't think that it is fitting to do so. The mod of that particular forum has specifically merged similar threads "Elf Yourself" into one thread as he wants to clean up the forum. The reason (I believe) that he has done this is so that he doesn't have a thousand threads from every single boards user wishing everyone a merry christmas. In fact your thread was the exact same thread as another elf yourself thread, hence it is fitting that all 'elf yourself' threads go on the same thread - it keeps everything contained for the browsers/readers on the forum.

Hope that clears up some stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I can understand that, but it was intended as a "Merry Christmas" post using the Elf thingy.
    Would rather it be in a Merry Christmas thread if there is one please.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I see, how about PMing Karoma (who merged the thread) and asking him if he can add "Merry Christmas from Elf Yourself" to the thread title? Or if he doesn't mind having a generic "Merry Christmas" thread in that forum or Afterhours?

I'm sure he'd be fine with that or provide you with another alternative.

Good sig by the way!

Will do Gordon. Thanks. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

kleefarr
    You're sig is waaaay too big.

• Advertisement

Yes. Sorry. :o

It's only for a couple of weeks. (Please) :)

Advertisement