Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile internet on Palm 750v via vodafone live!

• 18-12-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Ok this is for you guys who have bought a Palm Treo 750v on vodafone only to find you cannot avail of the new internet pricing due to the fact that it requires a vf live handset!

So heres how you can get up and running:

1: Ring 1907 and ask to be sent the live settings. You will recive a text with the following link: http://live.vodafone.ie. For now save as a bookmark and your homepage.

2: Press the windows key, scroll to setting and select the connections tab.

3: Click on the connections icon and select advanced.

4: click the select networks button. You should see two drop down boxes. In the first dropdown box select wap from the list.

5: Hit the ok button until you are back at the home screen.

6: go to your browser and navigate to your homepage (the link above). This should bring up a pop up telling you that the phone is connecting via vodafone live! and bring up the vfl homepage.

From here on in you can navigate to the internet at the mobile internet prices.

NOTE TO iPHONE USERS:
    here are the settings that the treo is using, they are listed under proxy. im unsure as to wether they will work but il list them anyway. Leave everthing else blank (ie username and password) there seems to be two lots of settings.....

Connection type: Wap
    Server: 10.24.59.100
    port: 9201
    APN: live.vodafone.com

Connection type: HTTP
    Server: 10.24.59.100
    port: 80
    APN: live.vodafone.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Hi,
    I have the Palm 750v as well. I have not changed the origional settings.

I got a 15Mb for E15 for all data and email, does sould right?

What is the advantage of using the 'live' setting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Using mine on 3 at the moment, and I have to say it's one of the best phones I have had. The HSDPA is pretty fast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CodedFire

@ TommyGun: yeah that was the package i used to have it was called the windows mobile package. The new package gives alot more (500meg) for browsing. They reason for using the live apn is because its the only setting that works with this tarrif. Their wont be any difference to your browsing just different charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ioflynn

I have a Palm treo 500 and it won't connect to Vodafone Live (It'll connect to everywhere else on the web but not Vodafone Live, Any ideas on what I can do with the settings?

Thanks,

Ian

Advertisement