Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell 2nd Hand CD Collection..

Options
  • 18-12-2007 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

hey guys!

just wondering what is the best way for me to sell my music collection. I have over 100 cd albums and over 100 cd singles, worth over €2000 and all in very good condition. I was thinking the ebay route but dont fancy catalouging all the cds and shipping together or individually, are there any shops in dublin or anywhere that buy in cds or anyone got any other suggestions?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

You can sell them here on Boards in the Adverts section.

Discs For Sale Section

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

you could donate them to a charity shop/secondhand shop of your choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hey makaveli33,
    There's Freebird Records, there's one under the Bus Stop newsagents on the north side of O'Connell bridge and one in the Secret Book and Record shop on Wicklow st just down the road from Tower Records. Through a big yellow door down a corridor past the barbers. There's a sign in the doorway that says it's there.

There's also Rythm Records on the Liffey, just down the road from where Virgin Megastores was a few years ago. It's just down the road from the arch leading into Temple Bar.

I'd say though your best bet is to put them up in lots based on genre on eBay. I really can't see a shop in town giving you a fair price because they have to sell them off again at a profit and there's probably no way they'll shell out ten euro each on average to justify the 200-odd cds being worth 2000 odd euro.

I'd imagine they'd also be quite hesitant to shell out a lot of money at once.

Anyway you might be better off getting 20 or so of them together, catalogue them and then list them as a lot on eBay. Put a reserve of whatever you think is appropriate on those 20 and test the waters as it were to see what they go for.

When you're selling to a shop they're the middle man and can't afford to buy them for the full worth because they need to sell them again for a profit. You'd be cutting out the middle man and getting whatever they should be worth on eBay or even adverts.ie.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 makaveli33

hey steveland, thanks a mill for taking the time out to reply, very helpful info.. cheers!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

hupyago wrote: »
    you could donate them to a charity shop/secondhand shop of your choice

+1 to this.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

makaveli33 wrote: »
    hey guys!

just wondering what is the best way for me to sell my music collection. I have over 100 cd albums and over 100 cd singles, worth over €2000 and all in very good condition. I was thinking the ebay route but dont fancy catalouging all the cds and shipping together or individually, are there any shops in dublin or anywhere that buy in cds or anyone got any other suggestions?

cheers!
    I may have misunderstood your post, but if you think you're going to get anywhere near €2000 you're highly mistaken!! If you just meant that this is what they were worth when originally bought then i do apologise:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 makaveli33

marketvalue! obviously im not gonna get to sell them for near this..

Advertisement