Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I-Mate SP5 on Meteor

• 18-12-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I have an sp5 on meteor but I can't get the MMS/GPRS to work. The standard meteor settings include ones that there is no place for on the options the I-Mate gives me.

What I have:

Name: (Meteor MMS)
    MMSC: (http://mms.mymeteor.ie)
    WAP Gateway: (this is the one I'm not sure about. Does 010.085.085.085 go here? If so, then what am I doing wrong...)
    Port: (9021)
    Connect VIA (option of wap network, secure wap, internet)
    Max Sending size: (100k or whatever)
    Wap Version (option of 1.2 or 2.0, i assume its 1.2)

Can anyone clarify what should exactly be in there? I don't care much about using gprs as a means to connect to the net but I do want to be able to use mms....

If it won't work I will have to sell it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Also, for GPRS settings.

I have:

Connects to (choice of wap network, secure wap, internet)
    Access point:
    User Name
    Password:
    Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:
    IP Address:

Again, I just don't know where all the settings are supposed to go...there are more settings listed on the configuration stick then I have options available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

for MMS you need to set up two areas on the handset, going to try the WAP 1.2 setting - just to be sure you had MMS working before on another handset ok? these are the referencing the menu on an SP3i but the settings should be the same if the route to them is slightly different on your SP5...

1) Enter details for the wap access point used to retrieve MMS, and set default connection
    Start > Settings > Data Connections > Menu > Edit Connections > GPRS Connections > Menu > Add

Description: Meteor MMS
    Connects to: Secure WAP Network
    Access Point: mms.mymeteor.ie
    leave the rest blank

Then Done > Done > Done so you are back to the Data Connections Screen and where it lists Secure WAP Connection select Meteor MMS

2) Enter the actual MMS details themselves
    Start > Configurations > MMS Settings > Menu > MMSC Settings > Menu > New

Name: Meteor MMS
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    WAP Gateway: 10.85.85.85
    Port: 9201
    Connect VIA: Secure Wap Network
    Max Sending size: 100k (or try smaller if it fails to send)
    Wap Version: 1.2

Hope that works... (fingers crossed)

For ISP you create a new GPRS connection with the Meteor ISP details, and set in the main screen of Connections Settins, set Metor ISP as the default 'Internet Connection', then e.g. Internet Explorer > Options > Connections you configure it to use Connect via ' The Internet'. Or for email, MSN etc... Be aware of the data charges with using this though and any data packages you can avail of with Meteor...

p.s. as it has wifi - where available use that for browsing, email, msn, skype if possible - rather than the operators data network

Thanks a lot for the reply, but still no joy.

What I have is:

For MMS settings...Start>Messaging>MMS>Menu>Options>Account Options>MMS>Menu>MMSC Settings.

Which is:

Name: Meteor MMS
    MMSC URL: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    Wap Gateway: 10.85.85.85
    Port: 9201
    Connect Via: Secure Wap
    Max Size: 100k
    Wap: 1.2 Version

Then I have Start>Settings>Connection>GPRS. Which I have set up 'Meteor MMS' with:

Connects to: Wap Network
    Access Point: mms.mymeteor.ie
    User Name:
    Password:
    Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:
    IP Address:

As above, it flat out fails instantly. If I mess around and enter a random IP address in the GPRS settings, it tries to send and the GPRS symbol comes on, but it fails.

Ah, it worked. I had to set both to non-secure. Thanks a million for the help though. Didn't realize I was supposed to set two profiles. :o

Super appreciated, very happy now! Love this phone...

And yes I use Wi-Fi all the time, would never use them for net usage.

oops... yeah they both have to be the same (secure or non-secure) i'd mixed them sorry... tech support post longhaul flight and hadn't a meteor sim on hand to test :) usually keep the non secure wap for the browser's wap connection if needed... but if not using then use if it for MMS... (at least on O2 or Voda configs... unless meteor doesn't like secure wap for MMS?)

yup it's a nice handset, and lots of handy apps for it, enjoy!

• Advertisement

ok running into one problem...can send mms messages no problem, and the recipients do actually get them....but I can't recieve any. The gprs symbol does come up, looking like i'm receiving something or at least trying to....then dies.

Any ideas? Thanks again for the help so far.

try using in the WAP 2.0 details:

APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Homepage: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    Proxy Server: 10.85.85.85
    Port: 8799
    Wap: 2.0 Version

Yeah I've tried both now, same thing. Send, and recipients get them fine, but I can't receive anything. :(

:( ok can you try changing the settings to secure wap...

unfortunately the meteor test sim has gone awol here so can't give it a go at the mo... will try picking up another during the week and see if i can get it going on a WM Smartphone here...

ok - can you check if you have an existing gprs connection established (wap / isp) when you get an MMS - they may be an issue when an existing connection is established and the MMS app tries to kick one off to recieve the MMS

can you try to kill the existing (wap / isp) connection, then go into MMS inbox and manually select download...

tried a meteor sim in the i-mate SP3i and got MMS working send/receive (with no previoulsy estalished GRPS connection running)

• Advertisement
Advertisement