Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares...

• 18-12-2007 9:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else a fan of this? I think it's excellent myself!

Last in the series is on tonight.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Was great tonight. That "entreprenuer" was a fierce plonker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I think he's great. In our local Burger King they have a news clipping where he say's he loves burger king. But apparently he calls ahead and drives up in a blacked our car to collect it! LOL

Where I lived back in the UK the local pub landlord & his g/f went to one of his workshops. They have a really small kitchen and he said he couldn't believe the quality of the food that they cooked. he even promised to visit them, which he did!

He might be a pottymouth but he knows what works and how to motivate people, chefs are always sending thier CV to him and beg him to employ them. Would love to see him in Hells Kitchen when it comes to the point village, but we got that froggy guy instead!

DJ Spider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

excellent telly, i get really angry if i miss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I used to follow it when in Ireland and it started this Autumn in the US, not half bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Yeah it's good tv alright. But in a way it can get a little similar to Eddie Hobbes the same advice every week - keep it simple, cook it well, serve it fast and in a pleasant manner. It's just the characters he meets along the way that make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought my series link on RKN would expire after last nights episode, but it picked up Kitchen Nightmares USA, starting next Monday on Channel 4!

Its alot glossier than the UK one (and some scenes and confrontations even seem a bit staged), but its still very entertaining. If C4 leave the swearing intact, it might be worthy of another runthrough. (The Fox Bleep Machine was working overtime for the original airings)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Is it just me or does he do the same thing in every restaurant? His advice every single week is to "simplify the menu" along with 2 or 3 more stock phrases. I used to watch the show all the time but I've missed a few episodes this series as it gets pretty samey.

The real entertainment in the show is found in some of the chancers running and cooking in these places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is it just me or does he do the same thing in every restaurant? His advice every single week is to "simplify the menu"

It is a successful formula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

nearly every show on tv is the same...find a formula that works and stick to it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement