Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst refereeing decision ever!

Options
  • 18-12-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

What was Bennett thinking of sending off Zakora?
    There was no contact whatever and no player reaction - this smacks of a definite hobble.

I spent 10 years in the middle and am slow to criticise refs but this was the worst decision i've ever seen.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

OHHHHHHHHHH No It Wasnt.

Harald Schumacher was a bad refereeing decision. That is the incident by which all bad refereeing decisions should be measured.

Didier Zokora v Harald Schumacher.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Let me see now.

No sorry. Didier definitely isnt the worst refereeing decision of all time.

About 4,746,322nd possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

super performance, guts, determination, commitment, the foooking lot. Clean sheet with ten men.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

what a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Great win and fantastic performance! Quality alround from Robbo right through to Berbs, everyone played their part. Delighted to see O'Hara get a chance- don't know whether he'll make it in the long run but much prefer to see the likes of him get a chance rather than an average mediorce player that we'd wasted money on ala Ghaly and his ilk.
    Bennett is a clown up there with the likes of Mother Riley and Styles. Zoks was a booking at most but that said Malbranque could have been red carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

:D

Need I say anything more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

great performance we're keeping clean sheets and winning away from home:D
    the team looks more organised and tougher too happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

...(against "top five teams"), two away wins and two clean sheets, should we feel optimistic about the game against the Gooners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

Looking at the highlights it was a harsh decision, particularly in comparison with Steed's challenge which was worse. Anyway, another away win and clean sheet :cool: and only now in the middle of bloody December does it feel like our season is underway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great Win.
    Great Defending for long periods with a make shift back 4.
    Lovely to see OHara make a good impression again.

Sends us in to the derby on a great high.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Great result, Great perfomance and we showed guts too.

Disgraceful refereeing decision against us again ! Lucky it didnt cost us the game. If it wasnt for the earlier red I think Steed would have gone.

Fantastic pass from O'Hara for the second goal. This lad looks like he might be useful and he's left footed.

coys :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

On referreing matters I thought Mark Hughes made a fair comment yesterday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_2990051,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

3 wins on the bounce without robbie !!.Will he get back in the team?. alright before any one jumps down my throat we know he will walk back in team but is it not a fact that since he got suspended we've won all 3 games that he's been suspended for or was that just a co-incidence that we won without him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

BERBA wrote: »
    3 wins on the bounce without robbie !!.Will he get back in the team?. alright before any one jumps down my throat we know he will walk back in team but is it not a fact that since he got suspended we've won all 3 games that he's been suspended for or was that just a co-incidence that we won without him?
    co-incidence !!

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Fantastic pass from O'Hara for the second goal. This lad looks like he might be useful and he's left footed.

coys :D

Watched it again on ITV - thought the same, great hold up by Berba and a wonderful pass by O'Hara and great finish by Malbranque.

Pity Berba did not make it 3-0 in last minute.

Would say the same about Dawson who missed last 2 and defence held them scoreless!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Zokora looked very comfortable v pompey and again last night at centre half. Kaboul looked solid as well.. Maybe dawson is the problem . he's nowhere near the player he was last season , his confidence looks shot to pieces.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Was a great performance against decent opposition. City are the kind of team we really need to start keeping clean sheets against alright. Whatever about our own aspirations of "top 4" there's a really nice bunch in contention for 5th and 6th with ourselves, Everton, City and Pompey (with Blackburn and Newcastle sniffing) and there's 2 wins on the trot from that "group" for us.

Zokora - shoulda been Yellow. Was definitly a booking, studs showing and 2 footed etc. Malbranque - coulda been red :) I think there was a pretty clear penalty decision not given to Richard Dunne for City, but the form Robbo was in last night, he'd have saved it! :)

I'd love to see North London and Liverpool derbys for the cup semi finals with ourselves and Liverpool in the final ending in a 3-1 victory to us :D

Zokora looked very comfortable v pompey and again last night at centre half. Kaboul looked solid as well.. Maybe dawson is the problem . he's nowhere near the player he was last season , his confidence looks shot to pieces.
    THAT is what worries me! Zokora will now be gone for 3 weeks and we will be back to the old Dawson Kaboul partnership, and we now how that worked out! Loosing Zokora is a bigger blow than most people think, or maybe they are just scared to say it out loud as we are on a roll.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

John W wrote: »
    THAT is what worries me! Zokora will now be gone for 3 weeks and we will be back to the old Dawson Kaboul partnership, and we now how that worked out! Loosing Zokora is a bigger blow than most people think, or maybe they are just scared to say it out loud as we are on a roll.:(

On the other hand who's to say that Ramos won't have improved Dawson's game just like it appears he has with lots of them?
    Zokora has looked much better at centre half but I can't really see him as the long term solution there.

yiddo wrote: »
    On the other hand who's to say that Ramos won't have improved Dawson's game just like it appears he has with lots of them?
    Zokora has looked much better at centre half but I can't really see him as the long term solution there.
    No, not long term, but until the Jan window would have been nice. Hope your right, guess we will see Sat!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

What a grear result, it was fantastic to see.Pity about zokora, he was playing so well lately.

Advertisement