Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy ladys pocket watch and hipflask

Options
  • 18-12-2007 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Im planning on getting a pocket watch and a hip flask as presents both for girls,

I know in general where to find them in Galway,

but where to find more women oriented ones is more complicated,

any one any ideas?

For the pocket watch Im looking for one of those brooch type ones,
    and for the hip flask I suppose just something that looks nice.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

some cool hip flasks on iwantoneofthose.com including one that doubles as a bible, always handy!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Try Winding Stair, Treasure Chest or that little place Next to Neachtains Pub that sells crystals n' stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Oh, and right next to Winding Stair is (name GONE from my poor tired head) that fishing/hunting shop..nearly sure I saw nice flasks in there

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

thanks if any one has any other ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If you're down around the Front Door/Buskers, have a look in the window of Tempo Antiques for the watch - they do a selection. If it's a watch on a bar brooch, it sounds like you're looking for a nurses watch, which will generally have the face upside down (so they can read the time easily) - I don't know if they have any of them.

The Watch and Jewellery Repair Centre (First floor of Century Building, opposite Buen Appetito/Halo on Abbeygate Street (same building as Swiftprint)) has small silver/gilded pocket watched on chains for €50-€100./

Aldi have hipflasks complete with stirrup cups. Tempo also has glass hipflasks with the cup as part of the cover on the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

Had a look around today,

The place beside buskers was a bit out of my range they were proper antiques,
    saw some in the jewellers across form duffys,

Wheres tempo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Tempo is the antique shop. There is a silver one on the window at the moment, but it's for a chain rather than a brooch.

Advertisement