Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas lights and decorative houses

Options
  • 18-12-2007 10:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Like them or hate them there seems to be a healthy interest and indeed competition in these parts for illuminating ones house and gardens to a grande scale for the immenent arrival of the bearded one. As we speak theres one in Drumlease in Dromahair thats possibly challenging ESB supply for the area and perhaps the region. :D
    Still I know I'l miss it when its gone. :confused:
    Anyone have some good examples in their area so that we can all go round for a gawp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

There is a house Newtoncunnigngham on the left hand side if coming from Letterkenny side
    Loads of decorations
    Another house below where UNIFI was in Letterkenny
    Got the whole nativity in their garden

Load of other crazy house round rthe county
    Christmasville when you come onto letterkenny dual carriageway from derry side
    Every hosue with lights round the roof, doors, windows, etc
    Will post pics if I get a chance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Should ye move this to the north west. Phoenemena is a north west one..isnt it?
    Pics would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tuppence wrote: »
    Should ye move this to the north west. Phoenemena is a north west one..isnt it?
    Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

There's a house somewhere around Letterkenny that puts on a very good display of lights and garden statues. they then let families come in to have a look and ask for a donation. The last time i read about it (one of the local papers) they raised a few thousand euro for charity. Great idea. Just cant think where it is.

Okay I did it fast and I used a mobile and went for a quick getaway and...but at least I tried!:p

santas landing strip.jpg

• Advertisement

That looks wicked :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

tuppence wrote: »
    ...went for a quick getaway...

Were they looking for donations too? :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There's a house in Solomon's Court/Manor in Glencar, Letterkenny that has a hell of an amount of lights outside it. Must take days to get the whole thing working, with lit up snowmen and santa's all over the place. Sure is hard to miss going up that multi-speedramp hill! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

none in sligo yet i can think of, but i do remeber when living in l'kenny there were a couple along the N13 road from ballybofey to l'kenny, and do see a few when i go home as to donegal along the N56 from donegal towards killybegs

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Another house of note is Browne's house in Donegal Town, on Killybegs road.

• Advertisement

Up to a couple of years ago there was a guy in Lifford who had an amazing display every Xmas. He charged for a guided tour of the gardens etc but all the proceeds went to charity which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

byte wrote: »
    Another house of note is Browne's house in Donegal Town, on Killybegs road.

think i know the house your thinking of as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

anyone got any pictures of the marvels. Some of these houses are nice and can be very well done off, but my god there are some hideous looking places also

sesswhat wrote: »
    Were they looking for donations too? :D
    Probably wlll be looking for donations when the electricty bill comes in for sure. Shall I tell them where to find you then?!

Advertisement