Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Error Message

• 18-12-2007 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi folks,

My girlfriend has been having a problem with Google the past week or so, and I'm hoping someone here can offer advice on how to remedy the situation.

First off, I should point out that she lives in a different county, so I don't actually have direct access to her laptop, and only know what she actually tells me!

Okay, when she enters a search query into Google.ie, she gets the following message;

"Sorry but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now." It continues by asking her to verify her request by reproducing a code presented on screen.

I looked up the error message, but got loads of conflicting answers. One claimed it meant you had been barred by Google for an unspecified amount of time. Another said it was because you had been attempting to access their server too any times. And another said it was because an IP address "similar" (and yes, that's the word they used) to your own, was acting suspiciously...

Not sure of her ISP, but it's some locally run one out in the sticks. She's also on a network at home, and afaik, her housemate doesn't have any problems on his computer. I'll try to get any more information as needed.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Get her to post a HijackThis log here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

Yeah maybe with ip's being dynamic someone else had her ip at some stage and abused google with it, i suggest trying to get a new ip from her ISP

Advertisement