Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended insulation types for pitched roof

Options
  • 18-12-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I am interesting in getting recommendations for types of insulation for my attic space which is large and could form a play area or similar. Areas to be insulated are

A. small vertical (<4ft) stud walls (4") under purlins
    B. sloped roof with 6" rafters
    C. attic ceiling with 6" joists.

I was thinking of using 4" rigid (or semi) isulation with slits (which apparently make fitting easier and closer fit to rafters) for A and B and 10-12" glass wool for C. Also I was planning to use insulated plasterboard (1" insulation) throughout (walls, slopes and ceiling) to add to the 4" of rigid insulation and cover the potential cold bridging of the rafters.

I know there are lots of alternatives out there, some of them very expensive, and would be interested in suggestions. I would like to buy soon and avoid the next round of material price rises.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I cannot recommend Kingspan's rigid TPxx expanded range. It's a pig to fit and retain between rafters. Maybe the slotted stuff is better, do you have any links to it?

Advertisement