Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth GPS Receiver...

• 18-12-2007 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

...Where would i be able to pick one up? (not online)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Bucket loads of them on ebay and other places online. Can't say that I've ever seen them in a real shop though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

JuJuYNWA wrote: »
    ...Where would i be able to pick one up? (not online)

If it's just a GPS receiver unit for attachment to a pc/pda, then I don't know, but if you want a satnav with mapping then - This is not a recommendation (as I don't know how good the unit is), but Lidl have a Bluetooth-enabled GPS from tomorrow (Thursday 20th). Halfords would have a range of them for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Maplin have them listed on their website

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=gps%20bluetooth&source=15&SD=Y

so they might have them in their stores too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

Picked one up this morning in Maplin for 60 squids. Does the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

JuJuYNWA wrote: »
    Picked one up this morning in Maplin for 60 squids. Does the job

What software are you using? You using it on a PDA or Laptop? Am finding it hard to get decent software for my Dell Axim 51v PDA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement