Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

male going grey

• 18-12-2007 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi

ive very black hair but im developing a loada grey hairs at de moment and i dont like it at all. im thinking of buying products to help.

wats the best way of getting rid of the grey?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

hi

ive very black hair but im developing a loada grey hairs at de moment and i dont like it at all. im thinking of buying products to help.

wats the best way of getting rid of the grey?

Seanie, dont be worrying about it dude...I freaked out when I started to get them too but its part of life....There are a number of things you can try, but I wouldn't dye it as you will make a complete balls of your scalp, girlfriend did this for me one time and it itched like hell for about 6 weeks and hair started falling out...

Try the following natural remedies....

Black Strap Molasses - Available in any health shop.
    http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/molasses.html#gray
    (Worked for me)

Brewers Yeast - Again in Health Shop.
    Vitamin B Complex
    PABA

In most cases grey hair is genetic, however there are some times that it can be due to lack of vitamins, stress etc. Chances are though its genetic,
    try the vitamins, change your diet, exercise and quit smoking....

The best thing you can do is say fcuk it and forget about it, you will find that some women actually find it attractive, also is supposed to help with career progression! - dont ask me why.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

thanks a lot for the help.

yeah its genetic in my case but i feel im too young to be going grey.as i said ive very black hair so the grey is very noticeable.

so did that molasses thing worked well for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Just be thankful you're not going bald! Anyway the ladies love grey guys.;)

thanks a lot for the help.

yeah its genetic in my case but i feel im too young to be going grey.as i said ive very black hair so the grey is very noticeable.

so did that molasses thing worked well for you?

Molasses is great, I actually started taking it for energy and I feel amazing from taking it though the grey hair thing was actually a side effect. Dont get me wrong I only really had a handful grey hairs and they aint all gone but they are hardly even noticeable now..

Don't be worrying about it, was bound to happen sooner than later and will have absolutely no bearing on your life whatsoever.

Only 26 myself and started getting greys at 21!!....

yeah id rather be goin grey than bald alright but it wud be nice to keep my dark hair though!

where is the best place to get the stuff? i might as well give it a try over the crimbo

• Advertisement

yeah id rather be goin grey than bald alright but it wud be nice to keep my dark hair though!

where is the best place to get the stuff? i might as well give it a try over the crimbo

Any health shop.....

wud this be it?
    http://www.naturesway.ie/pages/product.asp?xs=37170F4362DB49769C6D88BE08FB8323&PID=65&np=1&cpid=44

tried that website and thehealthstore.ie but dont seem to have anything else

wud this be it?
    http://www.naturesway.ie/pages/product.asp?xs=37170F4362DB49769C6D88BE08FB8323&PID=65&np=1&cpid=44

tried that website and thehealthstore.ie but dont seem to have anything else

No its a thick black syrup, comes in a jar about 3 fidy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grey is the way to go!! I used to freak out when I found new greys but have gotten used to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I am so used to going grey but out of curiousity (:)) wouldent mind trying the mollasses .Whats best to mix it with Feelgood ?

• Advertisement

latchyco wrote: »
    I am so used to going grey but out of curiousity (:)) wouldent mind trying the mollasses .Whats best to mix it with Feelgood ?

Well I don't mix it, I just take a tablespoon and throw it in...it tastes woeful but sure thats not unusual about for things that are good for you. I have read somewhere about mixing it with warm milk tastes decent enough.

Worth noting that mollasses is created as apart of sugar fermentation so it might not be suitable for diabetics or certain diets.....really don't have a clue on that one but please check it out before hand with the health shop dudes...don't wanna go killing any of ye.....

Take it for a month and get back to me, it could take months for it to have any effect on your hair (4 for me) but I promise you after a month of taking it you really wont give a sh1t about you hair you will feel that good....

Feelgood wrote: »
    Well I don't mix it, I just take a tablespoon and throw it in...it tastes woeful but sure thats not unusual about for things that are good for you. I have read somewhere about mixing it with warm milk tastes decent enough.

Worth noting that mollasses is created as apart of sugar fermentation so it might not be suitable for diabetics or certain diets.....really don't have a clue on that one but please check it out before hand with the health shop dudes...don't wanna go killing any of ye.....

Take it for a month and get back to me, it could take months for it to have any effect on your hair (4 for me) but I promise you after a month of taking it you really wont give a sh1t about you hair you will feel that good....
    Thanks for the info Feel.I found this intresting link http://www.natureschoice.co.za/molasses.htm

No worries guys, though definitely get back to me on it...would love to hear how it worked out for other people...:)

Feelgood wrote: »
    No worries guys, though definitely get back to me on it...would love to hear how it worked out for other people...:)

so these stores shud have them even though theyre not on their websites yeah?

thnaks again for de help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Women like men with grey hair. I'm going grey and the comments of the girls in work surprize me, in a nice way.

I wouldn't dye the hair women can spot that on a man a mile off, and they think it's ridiclous.

Look at the way they react to George Clooney, he never got any notice in Hollywood until his hair went grey.

I think it adds an air of distinction and maturity to a man to have a few grey ones.

Any women out there for the female perspective?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Women like men with grey hair. I'm going grey and the comments of the girls in work surprize me, in a nice way.

I wouldn't dye the hair women can spot that on a man a mile off, and they think it's ridiclous.

Look at the way they react to George Clooney, he never got any notice in Hollywood until his hair went grey.

I think it adds an air of distinction and maturity to a man to have a few grey ones.

Any women out there for the female perspective?

As above,ive had a badger head since secondary school,tis great!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

being going grey since i was about 17 embrace it brother the women love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Wear smart looking clothes and it will look cool I'm sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Leave it be.

I went silver quite young, and have to beat the ladies off with a stick.

tried 2 different health stores today but no sign of the stuff.

where do u get urs feelgood?

• Advertisement

i still cant find the stuff anywhere!

i still cant find the stuff anywhere!

Jasus it cant be that hard to find....go into Holland and Barrett, they should definitely have it there?. Looks like a jam jar, about 3 fidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kitt13

Do not do the shoe polish hair dye, please! It looks terrible and there is something disconcerting about a man who appears to do more to his hair than most women do. If you insist of colouring, get it done professionally because then it will be harder to tell you're colouring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

My boyf hates any bits of grey in his hair, but I think it looks cool. In fact I plan on giving him a few more! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Hmmm - anyone have any luck finding these molasses in a health food store? Dublin city centre would be helpful.
    I've tried Holland and Barrett to no avail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kitt13

I just bought some at Nourish. The one on the north side of the Ha'Penny Bridge. It was €3.50 for a rather big bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

kitt13 wrote: »
    I just bought some at Nourish. The one on the north side of the Ha'Penny Bridge. It was €3.50 for a rather big bottle.

whereabouts is that? ill get some next time im in town

Oh good, I'll try there thanks.

It's on Liffey Street jph100. Apparently there's another in the middle of Wicklow Street and one in the GPO Arcade.

keevita wrote: »
    My boyf hates any bits of grey in his hair, but I think it looks cool. In fact I plan on giving him a few more! :D
    He He :D

Well brothers i bought the molases fron H and B and to be honest i only had one spoonfull cuz i dont think i could take a spoonfull every day tbh .I think i bought the concentrated stuff to :).

Is their a difference ? perhaps i bought the wrong stuff ?

• Advertisement

i finnaly got de stuff this week so ill start using it tonight!

so do people just have a spoon of it on its own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I know the older generation of my family used a product called Morgans pomade (wonder if it's still on the market?) . Used it not to colour the hair, but some how it kept my auld fella from going grey till he was in his fifties? It was in a jar, a bit whiffy, and you rubbed it into the hair daily if i remember correctly.

On a personal note, grey men such as george (drool) Clooney have a certain air of sophistacation about them. Yes, grey men can be very, very hot. Why not leave it and see how you get on?.

Well I got some molasses last week in Nourish. Only €1.70 for a jar.

It was grand taking it the first two days, simply with a spoon, but day three and UGH my taste turned against it completely! I find it absolutely vile, and the residual taste lingers on and on. I hate the very sight and smell of it now, let alone the truly manky taste and texture.

Anyone any bright ideas for making it vaguely more palatable? Even just for getting it down. Hot milk makes little difference from what I've tried.

Thanks

Advertisement