Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendo wii and all that you have to buy with it.....

Options
  • 18-12-2007 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

I was lucky enough to get my grubby little paws on a Nintendo Wii today but after shelling out 270 odd euro for the console and one controller I then had to pay more for another one and whatever other games I wanted. Is it just me or is there a hell of a lot of accessories that you seem to need for this thing?? For example I went online with it pretty much straight away and was going to download the old zelda game from the N64 days (class) but maybe Im wrong now but it looks like I need a different controller for this..
    Anyway I have to leave this on a positive note. I bought the xbox360 the day it came out and even with the superior graphics etc.. I have to say the Wii is fantastic altogether. Who needs graphics with gameplay this damn good. Pity ya cant play Wii sports online. Now that would be cool that said Im crap so Id loose all the time so maybe its better left offline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Including only one joypad and no games with a console are commonplace these days, the Wii is no different in that respect.
    Granted there are two parts to it's controller rather than the usual one but they've made no secret of it.

As for downloading the N64 games I've never done it, but the N64 joypad is one of the best pads ever released and could be picked up fairly cheap I'd imagine.

A Gamecube controller would work too (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You can't plug N64 pads into a Wii without an expensive adapter.

Get a Wavebird (wireless GC pad).

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Agree with you. I have mine since launch and i have 2 remotes, nunchunks, classic contollers and a guitar accessory for it in that time. Theres also the zapper and next year a wheel is due for Mario Kart. I have enough things lying around at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

yeah just an aweful lot of accessories which arent particularly cheap either. As I said dont get me wrong I think its great craic and I really do think nintendo hit the nail on the head with gameplay over graphics but I just think that there's a lot of accessories AND one more thing they better put more games online and not miss out on that opportunity!!! Wii sports would be fantastic online... the could even get headsets and keyboards, etc.. etc.. etc... they'd be accessory heaven!!

Advertisement