Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Forever Trailer....Tomorrow

Options
  • 18-12-2007 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Such lies
    This just in from George Broussard over on the 3D Realms Forums:

"Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, here is a screen shot taken from the teaser.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

I'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John)."

That's right, it's the end of times. Now translating that from 3D Realms Central Time that means we should be checking out the video around 2 p.m. Mountain, 2027.

http://kotaku.com/335467/duke-nuke-em-forever-trailer-hits-tomorrow

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I think I wee'd myself a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Are we about to lose a long-running internet joke? Or is it just going to turn into something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Too bad I don't care about it any more, eh 3D Realms?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i read this, and laughed.

the buzz is either this'll be great and make us want the game, or be like every other videogame trailer of late, and be CG purely for marketing purposes.

my bet's on the latter. surely they're nowhere near releasing proper footage of the game, since earlier in the year they were saying there are various bits of the game completed in different game engines from different era's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Do people really expect this game to....

A) Ever be released

or

B) Be any good?

The concept is a tad outdated considering what people expect from FPS games these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I bet it will be him weightlifting and saying "I'm ready to kick ass" and it will last 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Venom wrote: »
    Do people really expect this game to....

A) Ever be released

or

B) Be any good?

The concept is a tad outdated considering what people expect from FPS games these days.
    I was thinking myself that his kind of hero is very outdated at this stage, but if the game turns out to be a nice, fun shooter with a bit of comedy thrown in I'm all for it. I'm kind of sick of bad fps protag's who take themselves too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

This is going to be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This is surely some sort of December Fools joke... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Britney Spears' entire musical career as a pop star has taken place during Duke Nukem Forever's development.

hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

so where is it ?

DECEMBER FOOOOOLS! I told yis. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Won't be for a few hours yet, noon CST i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I KNEW IT!!!

GoTY already! This is going to kick so much ass and chew so much bubblegum :)

Noon CST is 6pm our time afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

kool, i still have on my pc the orginal trailer from all those years ago. new engine and everything by now again id say. New storyline does anyone know? i havent even googled it in years so i know nothing besides the age old "when its done"

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Giblet wrote: »
    I bet it will be him weightlifting and saying "I'm ready to kick ass" and it will last 20 seconds.

I also expect reference to be made to the mastication of a non-nutritive, non-digestible, water-insoluble flavour delivery system, or the general lack of availability thereof.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I approve of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hahahaha. A teaser. Yeah that's going to be good. [/sarcasm]
    Still doesn't mean the game is ever getting released though.

Ohhh, 30 mins, I'm tingling!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It's been out since 5. Good luck getting it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its probably going to be 5 seconds long with Duke flexing his muscles and saying a catchphrase.

Ciaran - every game site in the world will link to it in 20 minutes, so it won't be hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

This is prolly the only site thats not getting hammered into submission....enjoy the streamed version.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50464

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Wow, watching that makes it feel like 1995 all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good old youtube.

My prediction was out by about 1m5s, but I was pretty close with the content :)

Somehow it reminds me of Carmageddon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I guess I'll have to "Stay tuned"

• Advertisement

Meh, exactly as expected. What a load of bollocks.

Advertisement