Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Forever Trailer....Tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Very meh indeed.

Duke Nukem 3D was horrifically over-rated anyway. Just another Doom clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Goodshape wrote: »
    Very meh indeed.

Duke Nukem 3D was horrifically over-rated anyway. Just another Doom clone.

style over substance baby

just the way i like it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Dosen't do anything a teaser should. Also, is that the original voice? It sounds terrible. It's like me doing a Bruce Campbell impression.

For feck sake, 10 years and they release a CGI vid of an awkward moving Duke, flashing images of a few bad guys?

Where's the damn ten years worth of in-game content (that's probably been mangled across several different 3D engines at this stage) ? :mad:

It'd almost be a pity for this to get released, it's kind of an Internet joke / sub-culture urban legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

For feck sake, 10 years and they release a CGI vid of an awkward moving Duke, flashing images of a few bad guys?

Where's the damn ten years worth of in-game content (that's probably been mangled across several different 3D engines at this stage) ? :mad:

It'd almost be a pity for this to get released, it's kind of an Internet joke / sub-culture urban legend.

Do you even know what a teaser is?

• Advertisement

Yes I do...something better than that :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Cool Teaser :D Lets hope this gets released sometime in 2008! (Wishful thinking but anyhow), we did get Stalker after a long wait, and besides the bugs (Which were mostly ironed out in patches) it definately delivered a good game, Lets hope 3D Realms make this good :)

Nick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I remember people laughing about Duke Nukem forever as vaporware in 2000, I don't think it's ever going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Tusky wrote: »
    hahaha!

You're laughing at the fact that Britney's entire career happened during the games development. But consider this, which is even more amazing. Google still didn't exist when it failed to reach its initial launch date. The ipod was still another three years away.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

What a load of balls...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Wow this looks like a giant amount of ****. the textures are awful, if indeed that is 'in engine' or whatever they call it and what the hell's with that voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just saw the trailer. Looks like something I'll enjoy. Duke3D was loved due to the "storyline" amongst other things, and I'd say when it comes out in the autumn of 2008, it'll be a good laugh to play.

Oh, and Duke was never about looking amazing. Duke was about kicking some aliens ass, and sh|ting down their throat. As for the voice, it sounds like Dukes voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Here here, I think it's gonna be good.... I mean, I really want it to be :eek:

Same guy as before thats doing Dukes voice, jon st. jon

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i wonder if it will be just a remake of duke 3d with uber graphics and some improved elements?

I wouldnt complain too much if it was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

You're laughing at the fact that Britney's entire career happened during the games development. But consider this, which is even more amazing. Google still didn't exist when it failed to reach its initial launch date. The ipod was still another three years away.
    Jesus - I'm getting old.

Though it was very poor teaser trailer. Looked and sounded awful.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    i wonder if it will be just a remake of duke 3d with uber graphics and some improved elements?

I wouldnt complain too much if it was
    After nine years and with graphics looking the way they do in the trailer (i.e. not great), I'd be hoping for the most polished game EVAR with a huge and original story line.

The same again with the graphics on display here? Nein danke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

original story line.

They give the babes names?

jebus the game was a pisstake much like serious sam, now that had a great story great graphics interesting characters all with great back stories and the twist at the end WOW :eek:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

After nine years and with graphics looking the way they do in the trailer (i.e. not great), I'd be hoping for the most polished game EVAR with a huge and original story line.

The same again with the graphics on display here? Nein danke.

You don't really get to see much of the graphics to be honest, I think they're fine, even if the style is getting on. Good graphics don't usually make a good game. Crysis is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

"That teaser, my ass... WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!"

It looks alright to me, can't help but wonder if I'll still be playing games when it eventually comes out.
    The Wikipedia page lists it as keyboard and mouse control, but I reckon telepathic control will be the norm on release day...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Quite a poor trailer and I really thought they would just let Duke Nukem drift into retirement and hope that everyone would forget about the long running gag...Remember what happened when Daikanta (sp?) tried to prove everyone wrong that it would never come out.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

I don't know about the rest of you; but the previous Duke Nukem trailer (from 2001!) is still one of my favourite game trailers.

Pump up the volume and watch this action-packed adventure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfimxgt1szw

(Can they really make the latest version of DN:F worse than this?)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

That was terrible. Really really bad. I cant believe that it has been in development for soooo long considering it looks like a bog standard FPS doom clone. If it was trying to do something revolutionary I might understand...

Imagine working on one project for over 10 years. The developers must be going insane.

I'd imagine (if the majority of original developers are still on the project) that they just want to get it finished and throw quality to the wayside, forget about making the story line interesting, forget about little glitches here and there, just get the product out.

That said, I'd say that the team has changed so much during the past ten years that the code for the project must be all over the place and a nightmare to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tusky wrote: »
    That was terrible. Really really bad. I cant believe that it has been in development for soooo long considering it looks like a bog standard FPS doom clone. If it was trying to do something revolutionary I might understand...

Imagine working on one project for over 10 years. The developers must be going insane.

Most of the developers have changed. To be honest, from a teaser trailer, I'm surprised that anyone is making statements about the gameplay. You saw probably 3 seconds of enemies. That's it. I don't know what people were expecting from a TEASER!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

with a huge and original story line
    Just to be clear, here: we're talking about Duke, yes?

=-=

IIRC, they said they won't be changing the engine again... meaning that the they may not be using the same engine as in 2001.

From the PiG in the clip (at 30 seconds), the sucker thing (at 37 seconds) someone could probably guess the game engine. The characters aren't smooth, but tbh, if you notice the smoothness of the characters, it's cos the game is boring as f**k.

A pisstake can't have an original storyline?

Doesn't need to be shakespere to be original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Wow that trailer was...crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I've grown old waiting for this sack of non-existent crap to be released! If the developers don't feel like prize nob-heads then they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I think it's in their interest to hold off release for as long as possible. Think about the hype if it was released on it's 21st anniversary or something, it would be on the news and everything! People would buy it even if it was ****, so if I was 3D Realms i'de keep this up for another 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

not impressed with the trailer.

Advertisement