Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my disastrous experience of dabs.ie a once-off ?

Options
  • 19-12-2007 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I've been really pissed off to the point of frustration from trying to deal with dabs.ie.... I've just spent 6 days trying to get them to respond to me after making an order which is stuck in "Security clearance" status at their end (even though I've supplied the info they requested immediately). In the meantime, I have made, and received orders online from both amazon.com and komplett.ie). From a quick search, it seems like this is normal practice for dabs. I've listed my experience & just sent it to dabs customer service as feedback, and posted it below.

Have I been unlucky, Is this is once-off, or is dabs known as a site to avoid ? Am I over reacting ?

From dabs.com website.....
    From the help page "...Our aim is to resolve your query as quickly and efficiently as possible...."
    Average wait time for chats (previous 28 days) : 10 minutes and 6 seconds
    Average email response time: 17hours 23 minutes.

Hmmm.....I'm not sure why they advertise this.....try holding a "conversation" via email with them, @ a response time of 17 hours for every response, or even longer which is my experience below.

My recent experience with dabs.com (dabs.ie) website.....

> to dabs.com
    around 9:00pm on Wednesday 12 December
    I made an order on the dabs.com website for around €600-€700 worth of componets, all of which were in stock and showing expected delivery 3-5 days. Plenty of time to deliver to Dublin before end of next week.

....... 4 working hours pass ...........
    <
    from dabs.com
    I received the following email from dabs on Thursday 13th @ 13:16 requesting my "Security details".
    Please email the following details to webaccounts@dabs4work.ie
    1) The address to which your credit/debit card is registered exactly
    as shown on your statement. (See note below ***)
    2) A landline telephone number on which you can be contacted during the day.
    3) If you do not have a telephone line, then please tell us how you connect
    to the internet including which internet service provider you have used
    to place the order
    4) Full confirmation of the delivery address including recipients name, company name
    if applicable, and relationship with this address.

> to dabs.com
    I responded on Thursday 13th @ 15:28 (approx 2 hours, 12 minutes ) via email with the details requested.

> to dabs.com
    I responded on Friday 14 December 2007 13:31: with the following message (I have never received any response addressing this email to date,it has been ignored)
    I've ordered some goods to build a PC for a christmas present... and the order is stuck in status of "Security Check - Awaiting your reply to our email".
    I've read on some online forums that with dabs.ie this can go on for days.
    I can't afford to wait - I've supplied the information requested via email (edit: around 2 hours after being asked)- can you check what the status is ?
    If the items are not in Stock and your just waiting for stock please let me know - I'll cancel the item and pick it up elsewhere.
    If I dont get a response today I'm afraid I'll probably have to cancel the order...
    The order number is XXXXXXX

> to dabs.com
    I responded on Friday 14 December 2007 21:53: (after waiting all day Friday) with the following message. (I have never received any response addressing this email to date, it has been ignored)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055060340
    Am I going to be sorry I ordered from www.dabs.ie ? Does anybody care ?

> to dabs.com
    I responded on Saturday 15 December 2007 20:39: (after waiting all day Saturday) with the following message. (I have never received any response addressing this email to date, it has been ignored)
    Hi,
    I sent the details requested below ** 3 days ago ** (last Thursday). Can you please confirm that there is somebody on the other end of this email address, and that the order items are in stock and can be dispatched on Monday or not ? I need to know if this order will be fulfilled in a timely manner - and will arrive in Dublin during next week,*so that I can make alternative arrangements if not.
    best regards,
    Aidan Coughlan.
    ps. It might be worth passing the following links on to your customer service department, I'm getting worried reading about the dabs reputation for service. As an Internet company, a timely reply to emails is essential.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055198398
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055060340
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54646703
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54622879

....... Almost 4 days have passed since I responded to the security request from dabs.com ...........

<
    from dabs.com
    The next response from dabs was on Monday 17 December 2007 @ 11:26:19
    Thank you for confirming your address.
    Unfortunately we have been unable to authorise your order due to your card/contact address being incorrect. Can you please update your account and confirm once saved:
    My Account
    Login
    S - Card holder address
    S - Change main contact address
    S - Change address
    Enter post code to begin address search & select.
    NOTE please ensure you attach the payment card to the 'new' address.

Note: The above email simply ignored my email of 14 December @ 13:31

> to dabs.com
    I responded on Monday 17 December 2007 11:48am: (after waiting all day Sunday) with the following message. (I have never received any response addressing this email to date, it has been ignored)
    I've modified my main contact address to my own main cardholder address (which matches my credit card).
    The **delivery** address is different - to be delivered to a different business address.
    Can you please confirm (by email) ASAP to let me know how long it will take you to process this information and decide if you can ship the order. The absolute worst thing is no information - if I dont hear from you I'm left wondering if its going to be an hour or a week, and although I dont want to, I'll unfortunately be forced to cancel the order if its not confirmed today.

....... All the rest of Monday passes with no response ...........

> to dabs.com
    I responded on Monday 17 December 2007 22:32pm: (Monday night, after waiting all day Monday) with the following message. (I have never received any response addressing this email to date, it has been ignored)
    Can you please respond to this email with a YES or NO. Will my order be delivered to Dublin by the end of*this week* - by Friday 17 December.?

Note: at this point, I sent the above email several times to any dabs.com addresses I could find by searching google on the web. (more about the kind of references I found on the web later!!). I sent it to "assistance"@dabs.com (these are the people who provide "assistance"), is5944_16707@is.instantservice.com (via the online "leave a message which we dont bother to return" thingy), webaccounts@dabs4work.ie (the people who emailed me looking for the security details), csmanager@dabs.com (customer service manager, who never bothered to reply - the email wasn't bounced so the email is still active), and a couple of other email addresses I could find on the web, including a supposed email address for the MD (didnt generate a response either).

Can you do anything to give me some decent feedback on this.... When time is at* premium, holding a 10 -minute conversation via email over several days is so frustrating....?

> to dabs.com
    On Tuesday morning probably around 9:45, I initiated an online "Chat" call (unfortunately on my employers time, which I dont like to do - but despite being a 24 * 7 "Internet only" channell, they've not taken the opportunity to provide customer service outside of normal office hours)
    I initiated an online customer service "Chat" with dabs.com (I was "number 1" in the queue immediately on initiating it, and waited around 15 minutes watching the screen before I got a response from an operator).
    I wish I saved the transcript... The end result was that they would process the order, but couldnt commit to delivering before christmas (there would have been plenty of time if they had processed the security information promptly).
    I asked if they could ship it via courier at extra cost, and got the same reply "3-5 days".
    This wont get it to Dublin by the end of the week, so , I asked them if I cancelled the order now online will I have to wait (maybe another 6 days?) before I see confirmation on the website that it is cancelled so that I can order elsewhere. The operator suggested it would be better for her to cancel it directly on the system at their end, which I am gratefull she did for me, and sent an email to confirm which arrived promptly (the website also updated within 5 minutes or so). I thanked here for cancelling the order, and asked if there was anywhere I could send some genuine feedback on my experience with dabs - she replied "assistance@dabs.com", and hung up the call. [End-of-session]

<
    from dabs.com
    On Tuesday 18 December 2007 10:09:04 (during my online "chat" call), I received the following email from dabs.com (while I was on the customer service chat line)
    Dear Customer,
    Further to our livechat conversation.
    I can confirm that the order has been canceled for you.# Regards
    Customer Services
    dabs4work.com

By contrast : My experience with komplett.ie....
    First komplett.ie order (placed at the same time as the disastrous dabs.ie order above)
    > to Komplett.ie
    On Wednesday 12 December @ around 9:00 (immediately after the order to dabs.ie) I made an order to komplett.ie
    <
    from Komplett.ie
    Like the dabs.ie order, I got an automated response email immediately.
    <
    from Komplett.ie the following day Thursday@ 17:40
    Komplett confirmed that the order had been shipped.
    <
    from Komplett.ie on Monday
    The items arrived at delivery address in Dublin.
    I didn't have to chase them at all.
    This order was made on komplett.ie at around the same time as the dabs order, was filled, shipped and arrived in Dublin while I meanwhile made about 5 attempts at communication with dabs.ie before I got a response !!!!!!
    I also made an order to amazon.com on the same night which has also been confirmed,shipped, and delivered in the same timeframe.

Second komplett.ie order (to replace the dabs.ie order above)
    > to Komplett.ie
    In an attempt to get the items to Dublin before the end of the week, I ordered (from Komplett) the same items as I had in the cancelled dabs.ie order (with one change) @ 18 December 2007 10:19:06
    <
    from Komplett.ie
    I got an automated response email immediately.
    > to Komplett.ie
    18 December 2007 10:17:54
    I realised my delivery address was missing the street name (this made it hard for them to deliver the first order, but they managed it - I though it was their mistake on the docket, but I just realised it was an error in my online profile)
    Hi,
    Immediately after placing order number XXXXXX, I modified the delivery address to include the street name "XXXXXXXXX"
    The previous delivery reached this address OK with some delivery, but the street name will help a lot !!
    Can you pls ensure that this new updated address is included on the*delivery dockets to help the courier? Ive already modified it online, but Im not sure if it will automatically follow to the order....
    best regards,
    Aidan.
    <
    from Komplett.ie
    18 December 2007 10:28:54 (AN EMAIL APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES LATER!!!!)
    Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your enquiry.
    The order has not entered picking, so we have been able to change this order for you.
    Best regards
    Risteárd@Komplett

I've just checked the status of this order @ 22:00 Tuesday night & it is "Confirmed", with an expected delivery via DHL express of 1-2 days (I checked this extra cost option) .I have no doubt it will arrive in plenty of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

I dunno - I've had one or two bad experiences with dabs. But I've had the same with komplett... Online can often be a hit and miss thing but I have to say its been more good than bad with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya dabs are crap the first time round but after you get over there secruity details they are fine ordered off them good few times and when ur account is fully acctivated they are quite fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Only bought of dabs twice and not a single problem. I found them quite quick and they didnt need my security details. <2 days for each delivery. But i do know alot of people that have had problems with them. It could be the fact that the department who look after the ireland orders are busy/badly trained/new staff etc etc. Or it could be a internal intermittend problem, like one of their smtp servers going down etc etc.

Hit and miss like said above. I havent known 1 site to provide 100% satisfaction. Not always from their own fault ofcourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i had the same problem with dell.

waited 1 week for them to send my laptop to me.
    rang them up, and they said they want a copy of my credit card, copy of a bill to prove address and few other details.

told them where to stick it in the end.

i sent an e-mail complaining of this, and i got back a load of ****e.
    so i rang dell customer service, demanded a call back from a manager.

i got one.
    and he appologised and said that the agent told me this as they didnt have the parts in stock and didnt want to loose my sale.

since then, ive never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I've bought off dabsatwork and never had a problem, fast delivery Etc... Seeing the OPs post would put me right off them though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Thanks for sharing op. That's a pretty brutal experience. While I haven't had any major problems with dabs, and their prices are better than komplett, your story would put me off using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I used to use Dabs, but always had problems with them (cancelling orders, delivery to wrong address, among others). But the fact they are still operating means they have to be getting a majority of orders correct. If you buy enough online, you will always have at least one horrible experience, just as in shopping on the high street. You can deal with it much more quickly on the high street though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 purifol

Dabs.ie are an absolute disgrace. Emails are not returned within any sort of reasonable timeframe (if at all and most are automated reply) but worse still is the stunning hypocrisy of their customer service i.e. none, they dont have any.

But it gets worse, the "Click to chat with a representative" is a complete charade ITS A BOT. It works using keywords
    such as 'ORDER' 'STATUS' 'DELIVERY' 'DATE' 'RECEIPT'. You do not get to talk to a person, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Its not a bot. If you ask simple questions they get a script to answer it i.e. if you say when will "yada" be delivered - They click a button to ask order number. Once you give them that - they click another button and out pops the delivery date, and anything else. The person then decides what interesting stuff to tell you. If you ask a difficult question though it is actually a person that answers i.e. types the rest out.

This is the case in all of those instant service places.

However while telling you its not a bot... I still think its crap. The wait times are horrendous - 10mins, 15 mins, etc.

As long as you don't have problems you'll be fine... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

I am currently having trouble with them.
    I cant log into my account even though i copy and paste the password they auto mailed me(ie my actual password)
    I have been waiting ages for a reply to my mail.
    Dont use them.
    Dont use pixmania either. I have had bad dealings with them.
    I have used komplett and overclockers and have been very happy with their reply times and customer service.
    If word of mouth means anything then stay away from dabs and pixmania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I had similar problems with my order stuck on security clearance or whatever for ages! I ordered something on the 12th and when I as assured that my transaction was now cleared for processing I replied asking if they could assure me that my order would arrive before christmas and I got no response at all. The order shipped yesterday (19th) I hope it arrives before xmas! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Tried Dabs several times. They would not accept credit card. No phone number at all, which is terrible. Especially for dealing with sensitive issues as such.

Whereas Komplett customer service seem to respond much much quicker etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I emailed them anbout this yesterday:
    Subject: Support on the Irish site.

Hi There,
    I just wanted to let you know that after reading this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54691483#post54691483 I
    won't be making purchaces from your site again any time soon.

While my experiences with your company have been mostly positive, I won't
    support a company which ignores it's customers like this, or risk
    similar treatment myself.

Regards,
    Dave H
    24 hours later, I got this reply:
    from<IS5944_16850@is.instantservice.com>
    to <me>
    subject RE: Support on the Irish site. (#8744-89109113-1305)

Dear customer,

Unfortunately we cannot offer any other information on the product other than listed in the specification on our website.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards
    customer services escalation team
    dabs.com plc
    Good to know their 'escalation team' is on the ball then:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

:)
    Sums it up nicely i think.

I am still waiting for a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

I've just recently bought a motherboard from dabs. I gave them a different delivery address from the billing address. I got a couple of e-mails over a two day period to confirm CC details and asking what my 'relationship' with the delivery address was (I responed it was my work address) and that was - goods delivered very quickly - no hassle.

Sounds like you were very unlucky. Absolute shocking lack of communication for an internet company with your order.

SwampThing wrote: »
    I've just recently bought a motherboard from dabs. I gave them a different delivery address from the billing address. I got a couple of e-mails over a two day period to confirm CC details and asking what my 'relationship' with the delivery address was (I responed it was my work address) and that was - goods delivered very quickly - no hassle.

Sounds like you were very unlucky. Absolute shocking lack of communication for an internet company with your order.

How long were you waiting? I got an email from them saying my order was dispatched on Tuesday. It HAS to arrive on Monday! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

I wouldn't bank on it. I am in the same boat. I ordered something on the 10th which was due in 1-2 days. I had to contact them 3 days later as this hadn't changed. They then said it wouldn't be in until 21st even though web site still had it listed as 1-2 days. I was in the middle of ammending my order that day when it changed to shipped and got an email to say it had been shipped, the 14th. But it didn't show up on the Parcel Force web site until the 18th and when I rang them they said that it would arrive within 48hours as it was under EURO48 service. They gave me the number of GLS-Ireland who are the local delivery agent but of course when ever I called them I was left on hold for ever. Finally showed up on Parcel Force web site as having arrived in Ireland last night. When I tried to ring GLS this morning got a voice mail to say they are closed until 2nd Jan. So an order I placed on 10 Dec which was due in stock in 1-2 days I MIGHT get on 2nd Jan. What a joke of a service.

cracker wrote: »
    I wouldn't bank on it. I am in the same boat. I ordered something on the 10th which was due in 1-2 days. I had to contact them 3 days later as this hadn't changed. They then said it wouldn't be in until 21st even though web site still had it listed as 1-2 days. I was in the middle of ammending my order that day when it changed to shipped and got an email to say it had been shipped, the 14th. But it didn't show up on the Parcel Force web site until the 18th and when I rang them they said that it would arrive within 48hours as it was under EURO48 service. They gave me the number of GLS-Ireland who are the local delivery agent but of course when ever I called them I was left on hold for ever. Finally showed up on Parcel Force web site as having arrived in Ireland last night. When I tried to ring GLS this morning got a voice mail to say they are closed until 2nd Jan. So an order I placed on 10 Dec which was due in stock in 1-2 days I MIGHT get on 2nd Jan. What a joke of a service.

Ah crap! I just checked the parcel force sight and it says the same. Its a present for somebody too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

I've had the same issues as the OP, and many others - orders get stuck. It took over two weeks once to get something dispatched - using my mother's card to buy something on her behalf, and deliver it to her at the address registered on her credit card. Stalled completely, as I was using MY Dabs account. She cleared the transaction with the bank, and I confirmed with Dabs that it was all OK, but nothing happened. "Chatting with a rep" proved fruitless.

All I could do was cancel the order, and put it through on my card. Of course, that wouldn't work either, as I couldn't get them to deliver anything to the mother using my credit card, despite emails and calls to the bank.

The only way to sort it was to get it delivered to me: my card, my account, my address.

Komplett, on the other hand, I would rate 10 out of 10 for the two dozen orders I've placed with them in the past couple of years. Should there be a hitch, they inform me, and questions are answered by a human. And they have a phone number. I'd be inclined to avoid Dabs wherever possible - yes, they're cheaper at times, but you don't get the same service.

Unfortunately we cannot offer any other information on the product other than listed in the specification on our website.

I've gotten this from them before.

There were no specifics on a case on their site, apart from size and price.

Also somethin wrong if thats the reply they are sending you if yer telling them about their customer service..!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Just had another successful transaction with dabs - a set of logitech speakers, delivered to my work address about 6 days from date of order.

So far, and I hope I'm not putting the mockers on things, my experience with dabs have been all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I ordered an external HDD for a friend before christmas, there was no rush and the thing only arrived on january 3rd.

No real complaints with Dabs, I guess if you need something pronto then don;t use them, but the prices are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭newbusiness

I've been trying to order €900 worth of stuff (new PC parts, scanner etc) for weeks now.

First was their "Awaiting Security Check" on the credit card - fair enough I thought but after emailing them the requested info and having no response (except automated) for a week I gave up, canceled the order and replaced it using Paypal as the payment method.

No dice, same security check (despite confirmed address) but at least this time I got a human replying to email. Order moved to "Awaiting Processing".

This should only take a maximum of 2 hours (according to their website).

Six days later I'm still waiting.

So I tried their "Instant Service" customer service. Now I'm a patient guy, very patient so I waited the FULL HOUR it took to reach the head of the 4 person queue, only to have my chat session closed without so much as a "Hello" from the agent (log attached). I couldn't believe it.

I just after emailing them again.
    I'll keep you updated...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    If your query is relating to an Address Authorisation issue then please note we are unable to assist through this service.
    You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    Alternatively, you may email us with your enquiry to assistance@dabs.ie
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....Network connection re-established.The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.You are currently at position number 4 in the queue.
    Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....Network connection re-established.The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.You are currently at position number 3 in the queue.
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.You are currently at position number 2 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.You are currently at position number 2 in the queue.
    The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.You are currently at position number 2 in the queue.
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.You are currently at position number 2 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.You are currently at position number 2 in the queue.
    The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.You are currently at position number 2 in the queue.
    The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....Network connection re-established.You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....Network connection re-established.The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.Amelia (1285): Thank you for using this service. Goodbye.Thank you for using InstantService. You may now close this window.Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
    [/FONT]

Just bought a few bits off them, business paypal account, unconfirmed address. Arrived in 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I ordered from dabs.com fine then I went and ordered after they opened the .ie section. My order was moved from .com to .ie without me requesting any form of change - I thought, well, thats nice an efficient. I was so wrong!

2 months of confirm this detail , confirm that detail, can you send us this detail again. I had successfully ordered a few months prior to this can they not check my details of my original account ? Eventually I ended up paying extra and bought the HDDs from komplett. was worth it as they arrived with no headache whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

You may have seen a thread I started on the Komplett forum mentioning that all of DABS prices were considerably cheaper.
    Well I stand by that but I think it only fair that I start a thread mentioning how awful DABS delivery service is.

I have ordered twice off DABS in the last month.

The first was for memory which was in stock and ordered on December 19th.
    They did not ship it until the 21st, the tracking number never worked until the 30th, and it didn't arrive until the 4th. Not including holidays and weekends thats 9 business days it took to arrive.
    That was over Christmas though so I suppose it could be excused.

I put another order in on the 27th again for a few parts that were in stock but the did not ship it until January 2nd.
    This delivery has still not arrived.
    I waited in their stupid queue to speak to their web support agents for 30 minutes today and was told that their shipping takes up to 10 days and that its out of their control because its Royal Mail that do their deliveries.
    DABS wrote:
    Stuart (1289): Good afternoon, how may I help you?
    Conor O'Cleary: Hi.
    Conor O'Cleary: I'm just wondering what the delivery time is to Ireland
    Stuart (1289): Standard delivery is 1-3 days from date of dispatch
    Conor O'Cleary: My orders never seem to go smoothly
    Conor O'Cleary: I ordered some parts on the 27th and they still have not arrived.
    Conor O'Cleary: Nor have I received a tracking number.
    Stuart (1289): Can I have the order number please?
    Conor O'Cleary: But I did get a mail on the 2nd saying that they'd been shipped
    Conor O'Cleary: 9686854
    Stuart (1289): I shall just check this for you
    Conor O'Cleary: cheers
    Stuart (1289): Thank you for your patience. I've checked on this and your order was dispatched with Parcel Force with tracking EE421504628GB. I've been advised that this may take upto 10 days to be delivered.
    Conor O'Cleary: Why up to 10 days?
    Conor O'Cleary: I could walk from UK to Ireland in that time :)
    Stuart (1289): I understand and do apologise for this. As this is being sent with Royal Mail we have limited control over the timescales

Anyway, bottom line is don't order from DABS if you want something quickly, don't order from Komplett if you want something cheap.

Surely there's someone out there that manages to pull off cheap prices and quick delivery????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Since dabs is a uk company i would assume most of their stock is in the uk somewhere. And i know first hand parcel force as a absolute sham to use, dosent matter which company ive ordered from the delay has always been the courier.

Also if you want a human responce from dabs dont message one of their scripted mail boxes. Use google and find the email address of one of their managers. It worked a treat when i had problems with scan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had an order with them before Christmas for my brother's new PC and it didn't show up till the 27th. This was Parcel Force's fault in fairness as I saw they'd dispatched in a farily reasonable time. They had banners up on the site saying there were vouchers going a begging if they failed to make Christmas delivery and I followed up on this and was answered within a day and told how to claim my voucher (which is actualy only valid till the end of this month, so it's a bit of a sham).

The whole thing left me somewhat disappointed, but I'm still inclined to give them another go when I have more stuff to order as they did work out being more than a small bit cheaper than Komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I read the thread and had some reservations of ordering off them as a new customer. However their prices appear to be substantially cheaper than komplett
    i.e. Corsair 620W PSU
    Komplett €161
    Dabs €111

Anyway I decided to go with dabs and created an account and ordered yesterday. Status of order went to Security Check and I immediately thought the worst. Checked the status this morning and it has gone to 'completed' now so looks good. I'll update this thread when I've taken delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I ordered from them yesterday - HD3870 with free Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts for 195 was way better then what Komplett could offer. Will see how I get on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement