Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my disastrous experience of dabs.ie a once-off ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm going through the same grief at the moment..
    Appalling customer support.

My orders have been four days in 'awaiting processing' state, even though they have received my security details. I am saving about 100 quid, but if it has not changed status by Friday I will cancel (for a second time), and wait for price drops elsewhere (or see if I can get someone else to price-match).

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Please stand by.[/COLOR][/SIZE]Amelia (1285): Thank you for using this service. Goodbye.Thank you for using InstantService. You may now close this window.Your session has ended. You may now close this window.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    What is it about the name Amelia that doesn't inspire confidence? I've dealt with non-english native london-based customer support before and the results can only be described as comical. Well, comical or infuriating.

I waited 12 hours after the order for the security check to happen.
    Now waiting 10 hours for them to read my e-mail...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Here's another goody.

Ordered a new graphics card (last in stock, and a good deal), PSU and HDD off them on the 17th. Didn't expect them anytime soon as it was Xmas. Three weeks went by - still no sign. Checked my account, said the order had already been completed! Alarm bells started to ring.

Decided to get in contact with them. Only one problem - broadband went down again (Net1's been crazy this week, today especially!) By the time it was back up, my account had changed...

They'd RMA'd MY parts to THEMSELVES!!! :eek:

And they wanted to charge ME delivery for NOT doing business from them!! :mad:

€200 down the toilet. Sadly for Dabs, I consider that quite an amount of money and WILL go to war with them until they refund me every cent! And it'll hurt them - they think they can screw around home users because they're small fry, but I was ordering stuff in for personal use just as my company were making business accounts with them. Thanks to my heroic sacrifice I can assure Dabs they've just thrown away a crudload of regular trade - I would NOT want a client of ours getting stuck because of them, or indeed our firm being out of pocket getting caught in the crossfire. And I will not.

In a way you could say we dodged a bullet. And Dabs need to learn that screwing the little guys around will screw THEM in the long run.

I still want my €200 back though. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Update:
    Ordered 8th Jan
    Current Status 11 Jan:Order fully packed
    :(

Overall order with dabs went ok as a first time order I suppose. Problem is GLS as usual. :( If dabs had a An Post option I would be a lot happier.

2005 15/01/2008 16:17 Parcel in warehouse 2100
    2256 15/01/2008 16:16 Incorrect address 2100
    2011 15/01/2008 12:45 SINEAD Delivered 2100
    2001 15/01/2008 7:44 Delivery Depot IB scan 2100
    2010 15/01/2008 7:44 Van scan on del. vehicle 2100
    1020 15/01/2008 0:39 NIF InBound scan 9007
    1023 11/01/2008 22:53 NIF OutBound scan 9826

• Advertisement

Got my order today so 9 days in total including 3 days with GLS. Not bad for first order so I'll use dabs again if I'm not in a major hurry. Saved €50 on one item so worth the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Hugh

4 months later I can verify no it isn't a once off and it seems the staff are just looking at the same website you are. Absolute joke, I thought I could get by this waiting for your email uselessness by going paypal but no its same. I'm still waiting for it to change after being assured it would happen "ASAP" .... If its not changed by the morning I'm cancelling and thats them out of a load of future orders, their loss more than mine. It makes me so mad, they have my money but its just not being processed. I wonder what their complaints to orders ratio is.

Whatever you save by shopping at dabs.ie doesn't matter, they clearly saved on staffing making not worth it whatsoever.

My advice is stay well away!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ive been a customer for many years with Dabs. I placed an order last friday and its stuck on a secruity check. Ive given them till lunchtime to sort this out today otherwise I will cancel my order and go elsewhere and never use them again. I cant get no proper reply of them just the customer chat thing which seems to be computerised and not human!

10.42 today: My email about cancelling my order seems to have worked! Order now completed and being packed. Perhaps I shouldnt hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

I ordered stuff (first time) last Thursday it arrived on monday. paid via paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dabs Manager

Hi,

I am trying to improve 3 things on dabs.ie and dabs4work.ie:

1. Credit and security turn-around time
    2. Delivery issues
    3. Customer Service

1. Historically there has been stringent security checking on dabs and this has forced orders to be manually checked.

The speed and accuracy of these checks is improving, we have introduced a faster turn-around service. Since mid-March credit vetting has improved and we will reply to all requests within 2 days.
    If you have not received a prompt response please post here and I will escalate it. Alternatively please contact csmanager@dabs.com.

2. Today orders are either sent via Royal Mail or Parcelforce from the UK. Once they arrive in Ireland An Post, or GLS will deliver.
    Should you have any issues with delivery, please contact:

GLS: http://www.gls-ireland.com/en/home/index.html or by phone on: 01-866200

GLS tracking: http://www.gls-group.eu/276-I-PORTAL-WEB/content/GLS/IE01/EN/5004.htm

We are also actively seeking new delivery partners to improve this service.

3. Customer Service

As with Credit checking we have improved customer service via our web-chat and hope to introduce a direct service number for our dabs4work.ie sites.
    Again, please post here if you are not receiving good service and I will action it, or contact csmanager@dabs.com.

Best wishes,

Larry,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 c0rn

Hi "Dabs Manager"

I can say that the chat service on the site is wonderful and the customer service agents are helpful and do the best to help you, I wish more sites had the same chat service.

BUT!
    Even if the chat service is good this does not help the fact that it feels like the security checks go to far. I do like that there is security checks but trying for days just to get everything right is not good (order number 10264337).

I have worked with online services before (used to work for komplett.se) and have a good knowledge of how things should or shouldn't work.

Ok in my case there was problems with the credit card that was out of your control (and mine) and the money could not been taken from the card. I then added my Uk Maestro card and answered security question many times. I think that you check the statement address for security, I have my statements online and that means I do not have a statement address. In the end i canceled my order and after I canceled I still received mails about my order (see below).

Dear Customer

We have now actioned your email.
    Subject to stock availability and payment your order will complete by close of business today.

A further email will be sent once we have tracking details, you can then use the track & trace facility online.

Thank you for your custom.
    Regards

Feels like there is no control over things and that there is no communication between you teams.
    Before I canceled I talked to a customer service rep. and she said that it is not possible for me to add a credit card other then uk/irish cards. This would mean that somebody like me that has moved to Ireland can not order anything the first year we live in Ireland. Where other sites take cards from other countries without any problems.

I do think that if issues like this could be solved in better ways then your site would be the number one site to order things from, because the site is easy to use, the prices are really good and the chat service is perfect. But having to cancel orders over frustration just means that I wont be back again even if the prices are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

I never seem to have a problem with security on my card etc but I find the whole delivery process to be a joke.
    Example order 9881211

It seems that DABS always take a few days to ship the item and then it always takes a long time to arrive....2 weeks I would say is average.
    DABS also never mail me with a tracking number, I have to chase them for it.
    If DABS would get up off their arses and sort out their logistics side then they would be Irelands IT supplier of choice IMO.
    As it is, if I want something in a timely manner I have to spend more and order off someone more reliable.

Thanks for the detailed feedback c0rn.

I can only say that we are aware that our credit checking is sometimes too strict and we are working to improve it. I spent some time with the credit team, last week and they are working hard to process manual checks in about 8 hours.

I will forward on details of your specific case and see if they can learn anything from the experience.

Cheers,
    Larry

Hi Conar,

We are aware that the final leg of delivery in Ireland can be a problem.
    Please see my earlier post for moer details.

Larry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

Hi Conar,

We are aware that the final leg of delivery in Ireland can be a problem.
    Please see my earlier post for moer details.

Larry

Thats true, but I'm also saying that it always takes a few days to leave your depot.
    Take a look at your CUSTOMER PROMISE for example:
    Dabs.ie wrote:
    dabs.ie for speedy delivery and same day despatch

If your chosen product is in stock and payment for your order is approved, then provided you pass our security checks*, and place your order before our 7.30pm cut-off, we’ll despatch your goods the very same day**. Need your goods in a hurry? No problem - dabs.ie offers a range of delivery options, including next day delivery. You’ll be presented with all available delivery options for your order at the checkout. * A security check will take place on your first order and on any subsequent order which uses new or amended details. ** Weekdays only.

Thats a lie though.
    I have never had Dabs post an item on the same day even though I never have security check issues.
    Normally I have to chase them for a few days before they post with no reasonable explanations.
    Also I should mention that your customer service staff are never apologetic about this, they always point out that its just not their fault.
    I think most of us are quite forgiving about delays after it has left your depots, though we would like you to change to An Post or DHL as they seem to work, however there is no excuse for it always taking a few days to ship when your website clearly states same day dispatch as a promise.

Also, where is this next day delivery option that is mentioned. I only ever get one delivery option.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Larry,

It's refreshing to see a representative on here - it certainly gives the impression that our concerns are being heard.

A while ago, I sent a link to this thread to dabs.ie via the web feedback. I assumed it hit a black hole. I'm not for one minute suggesting I prompted this response or your participation - the point I'm making is dabs.ie appear to be listening to their customers and that can only be good.

Personally, I've had no difficulties with dabs.ie (touches wooden desk repeatedly) and while I was beginning to be concerned about future purchases, I think your participation here will put my mind somewhat at ease.

My 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 c0rn

I can only say that we are aware that our credit checking is sometimes too strict and we are working to improve it. I spent some time with the credit team, last week and they are working hard to process manual checks in about 8 hours.

I will forward on details of your specific case and see if they can learn anything from the experience.

Cheers,
    Larry

Hi Larry,

Feel free to contact me via email or pm for more details about this if needed. If this can help dabs (and in that way help the end customer) I wouldn't mind at all helping. As I wrote before I have been working with online services and customer service for many years (over 10 years now) and maybe could help out. The way it is now most people where I work want to stay away from dabs because I am not the first person that this has happend to. If this could change for the better it would benefit both dabs and us customers.

/Kenneth

Cheers,
    Larry

Why should regular customers suffer a credit check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Just reading the posts there. I've used dabs.ie for the first time there last week, paid with paypal, order shipped I think same day, asked customer on-line representative about order tracking who explained the situation politely to me, and order arrived on Monday. So I'm a happy dabs customer.
    Good to see a representative on here, it's very reassuring. I'll be using dabs again in the future, and hope not to encounter any bad experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any chance of Laser being used as a method of payment on Dabs? For this reason, I use only Elara/Pixmania at the moment, Komplett don't offer it either but in general Dabs offer the best price out of the lot, but I just can't use them...

• Advertisement

Ive started using paypal as my method of payment, It still goes through a secruity check. WHY? I thought Paypal was secure and didnt need a secruity check?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

this my experience so far,went to make a purchase via credit card
    address check email arrives i replied this went back and forth for a week with no sucess so i then decided to cancel my order and make another order via my paypal acount which is verified so there shouldnt be any more hassle i thought, i couldnt have been more wrong am now back to square 1,its extremely frustrating the fact that i keep sending all the details and i get back a automated email with a list of possiblities as to why my address has not been verified,i have said please contact via my mobile or tell me exactly what is wrong but same email again,as it stands i have sent all the information again today with copies of credit card and electricity bills and have been on to an operator who couldnt help me as she couldnt acess the email i had sent as its with the security check team, so if this isnt sorted fast i will take my 1,000 euro elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

My experience with Dabs.ie: They're hopeless with your first order. I tried to order several times with no success. Then after about 4 credit cards (yeah, well I really wanted to get those prices), they finally accepted one and orders went well then.

All good...Except that stuff is often out of stock. I'd say this is why they're so cheap - nothing gets depreciated from being on the shelves.

One very good thing I have to say about dabs is the condition of items is always excellent. Komplett have quick delivery but stuff is often in bad condition.
    Elara are one of the best for condition of items and their customer service is great. They have a huge selection and their prices are much cheaper than they were a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

got an email an hour ago to tell me that my order has now be processed thank god!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I only started using dabs.ie lately. First order went through without problems, item arrived 3 or 4 days later.
    Second order was delayed for security check as I'd inadvertently changed a drop down field value on the credit card detail page. Once I corrected this, the item was sent - though it was in 'order completed' state for 3 days after I'd made the correction(which pissed me off).
    I've just returned another item as DOA - collected from my house. The courier guy came a day early for some unexplained reason - and I wasn't in. I rang dabs.ie later that day just to confirm the collection date. Next day - collection due date - I missed the courier so he came the day after and picked up the item. I'm currently awaiting an 'item received confirmation email'.

I had heard bad things about them but their prices and postage charges are really good and so far so good. As it stands, I wouldn't hesitate to put in another order with them.

Hi,

I will look into this, but I reckon that next day delivery is technically not possible today.
    We will revise the copy and update when we are SURE we can guarantee next day delivery.

Larry

Swampthing,

It's just coincidence that you sent the thread to dabs, as I have only just started working here in the Dublin office.

Lar

Hi snaps,

Bloody good question! You shouldn't really, be credit checked every time. Sometime the system throws up a flag that could be interpreted as a potential fraud.

Even if you are, `checked'. it should be only a (quick) formality.
    Please flag it here, if there are still delays.

Larry

Hi Terrafirmer,

Laser payments have been requested and there's no quick solution.

May I suggest 3V for now, to buy instant credit?

www.3v.ie/

Larry

• Advertisement

Hi TF

Recently PayPal Fraud has been a big headache for us - Just the same as CCs, fraudsters have been infiltrating PayPal accounts using basic phishing techniques and some unsuspecting people have handed over logins.

Crazy but true, some users have actually responded to emails like "please click here and confirm you PayPal password (for no reason)"

Larry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement