Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my disastrous experience of dabs.ie a once-off ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Perhaps a commercial interaction forum would suit you Dabs Manager. You can view Komplett's here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Perhaps a commercial interaction forum would suit you Dabs Manager. You can view Komplett's here.
    Completely agree.
    Id like to thank Larry for taking the time to post here.
    it really does show up Dabs in a better light than it was seen previously in my opinion. Bought a Wacom gfx tablet recently off Dabs as a result.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Agree, it's great to see a bit of representation. The Komplett forum is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I ordered a new monitor off Dabs recently but after a few hours I got a mail saying they wanted some security checks on my card, I can't remember exactly what they wanted me to do but I canceled the order instead. The strange thing is I have a Dabs account, used it to buy some computer parts about a month earlier.
    There was no security checks required the first time so I am wondering why it was necessary for a later purchase? (used the same card, same info, same delivery address)

I am still in the market for a new monitor btw since ebuyer was impossible to order from and Komplett are chrging over the odds for the monitor I want to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Sn@kebite

So I ordered a load of stuff (€890 worth) from dabs.ie the other day all parts to build my own pc. Then I read all the negativity on here about them and that they don't accept AIB maestro cards?

Pathetic (Not dab's fault I know but still, it sound really Irish)

Our economy is richer than the UK and we can't even have a laser card that actually works on stores that claim they take it...:rolleyes:

I don't know if I should bother responding to the security email, so they definitely not take Maestro cards? - My card doesn't have a 3 digit code on the back and I always thought no maestro ever did?
    I rang AIB before and asked what is the code and the girl told me I can try '999' or '000' and that always worked on other sites that require the code.

This is really bad for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Nice to see some feedback from a dabs employee here. I've got a new build project coming up so I think I'll give Dabs.ie another go and see how it works this time. I'll post a review of my experience this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This discussion can be continued in the Retailer discussion thread here. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement