Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just deleted my bebo

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I have had one since early 2005 after I was sent an invite by a bird in DCU Id been seein the prev summer, her page was fairly busy but nobody in my college or group of regular friends was on it, anyone who did the whole social networking malarky was on MySpace. So essentially her and maybe two other people were the only add ons, and I therefore barely used it. Always thought MySpace was sh1t beyond belief so I never signed up, and Bebo only took off in my college in early 2006. Didnt use it at all barely until about maybe a year ago. Now I am never off the ****er. It is handy, as said, for keeping in touch with people abroad. Besides that its handier to upload your photos on it for quick access than saving them on your computer and six months later forgetting where the hell you put them. And besides that, the site will (hopefully) never crash and wipe all info- your computer might well do so. Handy as well for getting photos off your mates from wherever you have went with them.

But MySpace is utter complete sh1t. As for Facebook the only people I know on it are people who did the J1 yoke, and they are all already on Bebo. I cant be arsed signing up for it. Too many yanks......

Anyone else occasionally stumble in at 4am, switch on the laptop and post mile long comments on bebo which you get up early in the morning and furiously delete? :D Its the new version of drunken text messaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Mate, it's not like you were forced to use Bebo. Bebo is grand, just a website for fun. Though there are a lot of people who shouldn't be on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Can someone please explain to me what exactly is so bad about Bebo, why people are proud to not have bebo profiles and why so many people seem to hate it?

There are a load of retards on it, but you don't have to add them as friends or look at their profiles and having a Bebo profile doesn't mean you have to be on Bebo 24/7. And in fact, it would take more effort to actually go and delete your bebo profile than it would be to just leave it alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Whats worse than people bitching about bebo/facebook/myspace?

People who delete their pages then think its important enough to let the rest of us know about it.
    DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Mate, it's not like you were forced to use Bebo. Bebo is grand, just a website for fun. Though there are a lot of people who shouldn't be on it.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I'll admit the new apps on Bebo are utterly terrible. Half the apps are from Facebook and one even linked TO facebook - which I thought was pretty funny :p

I liked Bebo because it was a lot easier to use than MySpace which was slow and fugly and while Facebook looked nicer, it made no sense with all the apps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I have a page but it's blank, I just set it up so I could be a nosy fooker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

xzanti wrote: »
    I have a page but it's blank, I just set it up so I could be a nosy fooker :D

Ha, yeah.

I started my account like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I have a Bebo account and couldn't be bothered anymore with it tbh. It's too much for kids and teenagers now, who spend ever waking moment on it, and put everyone they ever met on it, or just random people who they've seen.It may be great to keep in touch with old friends, but tbh, there is a reason why you drifted apart in the first place.

It's too much effort anyway to keep in touch with them, texting or a phonecall is so much simpler, better than email infact, ha, imagine that.

Yes people put up pictures of there holidays, good for them, but some people hate nothing more than to look at someones elses holiday photos, it's boring most of the time to say the least. But whatever floats your boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I'm happy I never joined.

Likewise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I find it a great way to keep in touch with my relatives and friends who live on foreign shores. It's nearly all photos and videos of my children though. I keep it on private.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I don't really get why people hate it so much, if theres a tosser on it and:

a)he/she is your friend - delete them.
    b)he/she isn't your friend - Ignore them its, not like you have to go onto their page.

down with the 'i'm kewl cos i despise social networking (or whatever its called) sites' attitude.

/edit: yeah pretty much what JC 2K3 said

Advertisement