Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PA weirdness

Options
  • 19-12-2007 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Just got a prince Albert done at the weekend. It's finally stopped bleeding, and I've noticed something a little odd. The piercing passes through my foreskin in such a way that it seems to come throught from the uretha in between the foreskin and exit on the inside. (Sounds weird I know)

Just wondering is this normal? I hadn't expected the foreskin to be involved at all. I'm a little concerned about healing, as the length of the piercing changes dramatically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Hmm, that is odd alright,
    Mine kind of sits to the left, just under the bell end, cant see the placement of yours having much affect in the healing process. Maybe get a second opinion from a different piercing parlour?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wait, it goes through your foreskin? As in your foreskin is pierced too? That sounds odd to me alright.. But I can't say from personal experience how it should go with foreskin. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Tbh I can't picture it. so post a pic :D

Best get it checked out somewhere else to be sure if its worrying you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

It shouldn't go through your foreskin at all, I know that each one differs depending on veins and the piercer may vary the placement but to go through foreskin is odd. A 2nd opinion may not be advised just go back to the one you got it done in and ask, would there be any reason for it.

I disagree Rattlehead, it's very unlikely that if someone pierced (wrongly) through the foreskin that they would admit to being in the wrong, I'd say get it checked elsewhere!

Professor_Fink where did you get it pierced/by who?

• Advertisement

I see your point DamoEl, but from my experience if someone is doing PA, they at this stage know what there doing (general Piercing)......... but I have been wrong before ;)
    I say go back to person who did it ask, then go ask somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I say go back to person who did it ask, then go ask somewhere else.

Wouldn't that be the definition of a second opinion? ;)

I see your point DamoEl, but from my experience if someone is doing PA, they at this stage know what there doing (general Piercing).........

You never heard the fun wilburt had with his appa then

amazingemmet, No and I really don't want to either thanks :p

garthv, yes that would be adding to what I said go in and ask where he got it done, then go for a 2nd opinion :p

It's basically like asking a tradesman if he did a shoddy job, they'll never admit to it even if they know its not right. But this is all speculation till Professor_fink confirms it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

amazingemmet, No and I really don't want to either thanks :p

garthv, yes that would be adding to what I said go in and ask where he got it done, then go for a 2nd opinion :p

I imagine Rattlehead means that maybe there was a reason for the placement of the piercing. If they come up with no valid reason then go for a second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

Recommend cutting the whole thing off and starting over...

No but seriously the way I read the OP he is talking about a normal PA - ie the foreskin folds over the exit, but is not itself pierced? Depends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

emmet: haha dark days! stupid french piercers

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

Thanks for the replies. I'm the US at the moment, so I got it done over here.

Sorry for the poor description of the placement. Basically, it was pierced not to the side of where the foreskin joins the gland, but through it, so when it was pierced it looked fairly normal, but with the foreskin foreward it emerges on the inside just below the tip. What confuses me is that I expected it to pass below the foreskin, not within it.

Thats sounds fine actually, some piercers go through the frenulm and not around it both methods are fine

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

Ok, thanks Emmet, that puts my mind at rest. I couldn't think of the word 'frenulm' when I was typing the post, but that's exactly what I meant. I hadn't noticed this until about a day after I got it pierced (since I couldn't see much until it stopped bleeding), so I didn't get a chance to ask the piercer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

a case of... "oh christ.. me banjo string has been pierced..."
    sounds like ya should be ok..

I imagine Rattlehead means that maybe there was a reason for the placement of the piercing. If they come up with no valid reason then go for a second opinion.
    Yep! Thats what I meant. Brain Fart Wednesday for me :p
    Anyway it all seems sorted now which is good. OP, Hope you enjoy your PA.

Yeah nothing too unusual with that Professor_fink!

Have fun once it's all healed up! :D

Advertisement