Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total goals betting

Options
  • 19-12-2007 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

Found this small post on another forum and found it very interesting
    according to my records the Scottish 3rd division is leading the way with an average of 3.36 goals per game then comes Norway Divsion 1, Norway Tippeligaen then the Dutch Ereedivision.

Had a quick look around those leagues and he does seem to be right
    Scottish 3rd division seems to be goal heaven.
    Over 1.5 goals could prove a money spinner in these leagues

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yeah I've noticed that the Iron Bru works a treat up there! So many poor defenders/goalkeepers, all the emphisis is on attack.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

IrishMike wrote: »
    Found this small post on another forum and found it very interesting

Had a quick look around those leagues and he does seem to be right
    Scottish 3rd division seems to be goal heaven.
    Over 1.5 goals could prove a money spinner in these leagues

I went on to betfair after reading this post to check out prices cause i agree with you but betfair seem to be only betting over 2.5 goals for saturdays games any reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

dotsflan wrote: »
    I went on to betfair after reading this post to check out prices cause i agree with you but betfair seem to be only betting over 2.5 goals for saturdays games any reason for this?

It's generally games that will go inplay that have the full range of markets, even the championship games only have under/over 2.5.
    You can request that a particular market be added and if there's enough interest they will open a market. Sometimes there will be a total goals market instead of under/over 1.5 ect, and until recently total goals market was only 1% commission rather than 5% for 1.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭newestUser

I'm probably spamming here, but I run a football stats website, and on it I've got the probabilities for under/over 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5 goals calculated from results going back a few years.

These probabilities have been calculated for a number of leagues, and they're
    also broken down by hometeam odds (eg the probability for over/unders are shown for games where the hometeams odds are 1.0 to 1.3, 1.31 to 1.5, etc).

http://www.studysoccer.com/premGoals.php

(links to other leagues are on the left)

Apologies if ye consider this spam, but this might be useful for people who like to bet on over/unders.

Advertisement