Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying!

Options
  • 19-12-2007 10:11am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭

OK, I know I can google and look this up under dream interpretation, but I was wondering how posters in the sleepy-dreamy forum would interpret it...

Over the past month I have had recurring dreams where I could fly. In one I was down at the beach on a sunny day when the wind was blowing hard, I put out my arms and in a little while I was flying with the seagulls over the Pacific. In another I was walking late at night to the flat I used to stay in, and I heard steps following me. I willed that I could fly and shortly I did, leaving the threat behind on the ground. At a nearby beach there is a cliff that overlooks the water. The breeze was blowing hard from off of the ocean. I leaned into the wind and sure enough, I was airborne flying beyond the cliff and over the water. Flying seemed so natural, without fear of falling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I would interpret it as maybe becoming free of worries. You mentioned that you dreamt of someone following you at night back to the flat which sets a slightly menacing tone to the dream, and then you find yourself flying out of reach. Also, the beach and the cliff are places where three elements meet-air (the breeze), water and earth, and you choose to take the most unusual element to move in, the air. Which may mean that when presented with a choice-you take the unconventional one?

Of course, it could be that you are dreaming of being Supergirl?:p

Advertisement