Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was the system last night?

Options
  • 19-12-2007 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game - Love the result, but am now a little worried. Zock has been brilliant for us lately, and IMO has been an inspiration to the team, and party responsible for our resurgence with his performances in defence. So good news is we one, but as usual, tainted with bad news that we will now loose Zock for 3 games after the red! (if Robbie didn't get off, he won't).

So my question (s) how did we look without him?
    Who dropped into defence and what was the layout of the team when he went off?
    Did we just defend - or did will still play good attacking football?
    What do you see the line up being V the Scum now?
    Did we win convincingly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

John W wrote: »
    Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game - Love the result, but am now a little worried. Zock has been brilliant for us lately, and IMO has been an inspiration to the team, and party responsible for our resurgence with his performances in defence. So good news is we one, but as usual, tainted with bad news that we will now loose Zock for 3 games after the red! (if Robbie didn't get off, he won't).

So my question (s) how did we look without him?
    Who dropped into defence and what was the layout of the team when he went off?
    Did we just defend - or did will still play good attacking football?
    What do you see the line up being V the Scum now?
    Did we win convincingly?

Could have been 4-1 - if Malbranque had rolled one to Defoe and Berbatov scored in last minute - with 2 good saves from Robinson in between.

We played superbly - Tainio came in at FB and Chimbonda played in the CB. It was all hands to the pump inc O'Hara and Boateng in 2nd half.

But we always looked more likely to score even with 10 men - hence the Malbranque goal.

Looked very solid - Defoe way better than Bent too. Lennon had a great game as did Berbatov as lone front man.

Advertisement