Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The creams and the smellies - Which ones?

• 19-12-2007 10:14am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ladies, looking for a bit of honest advice. Every christmas there are some great looking cream and smelly sets on sales in pretty much every store. Which creams/oils etc appeal the most to you?

I cant post exact details of what i have my eyes on in case the missus reads this post. But i assuming gift sets of foot creams etc is a no go?

Should i be aiming for body lotion and candle gift sets?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Body lotion and a message by you for her? Oh, subtle scents are better than those that leave a vapor trail or knock you down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

subtle scents are better than those that leave a vapor trail or knock you down.

QFT...

Anything foot related is a no no bar shoes or cute fluffy slippers, and in all honesty most men wouldn't have the balls to go and buy a pair of shoes for their oh. Best place i think for smellies etc is Lush. All handmade all organic all natural. Ask the girls at the counter they are great help, and extremely enthuastic!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Jules80 wrote: »
    QFT...

Anything foot related is a no no bar shoes or cute fluffy slippers, and in all honesty most men wouldn't have the balls to go and buy a pair of shoes for their oh. Best place i think for smellies etc is Lush. All handmade all organic all natural. Ask the girls at the counter they are great help, and extremely enthuastic!

lusk, never thought of them. Do they do nice gift sets?

I bought a pair of boots for the OH one christmas. Balls of steel i have! (No she didnt bring them back, yet! :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Not Lusk... Lush!

Men!

They do great sets and they will make them up for you too and gift wrap them too. On Henry street and end of grafton street, i think. And fair play on the buying shoes front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Just on the smelly sets - practical ones are always best! as in ones things that you will actually use.
    I ended up throwing out so many used lotions and potions from sets at the weekend cos they just gather dust!

Lush would be perfect though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Anything by Lancome. But Boots are doing a really nice range called Soap and Glory and its amazing stuff and smells gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Lux23 wrote: »
    Anything by Lancome. But Boots are doing a really nice range called Soap and Glory and its amazing stuff and smells gorgeous.

That soap and glory stuff is gorgeous!

As for Lush, I love it, but I know alot of people who hate it.
    OP, this totally depends on your gf. Can you give us some indication of what products she currently uses?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

personally i hate Lush. The smell of that shop is minging.

and wouldnt go for a gift set either unless you know that they are products she would actually use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think Lush stuff is nice, but when you're walkin past (or into) the shop, all the combined smells are overpowering alright! I used to work in an internet cafe with a Lush next door when I was in Whistler. -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'd say have a peek at the kind of stuff she already has, types of products, brands, styles etc. Some women would love a bath set/lotions from Lush but it wouldn't do much for me, I'd prefer perfume or make up or something if they wanted to go down that route.

p.s. If you have a sister, use this valuable resource!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Some women would love a bath set/lotions from Lush but it wouldn't do much for me, I'd prefer perfume or make up

Im the same... I hate getting bath sets/lotions/candle things. Aint my thing at all. Just dust collectors on some shelf in my room.
    Love getting perfume/make up, it's more practical for me.

Have a look and see what she uses already. No point buying something that she won't use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

faceman wrote: »
    But i assuming gift sets of foot creams etc is a no go?

QUOTE]

hahhhahahaha

You old romantic, you :p

Advertisement