Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine gone cold and shower gone hot !

Options
  • 19-12-2007 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I live in a 2 year old apartment with two bathrooms, one ensuite. The last few days I have noticed the water temp in the ensuite to be way too hot. i.e when I turn it as low as it will go its still boiling. Last night I pulled out a wash from the washing machine in the kitchen and the clothes were cold as if they had been washed in cold water for the full cycle ?
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭10-10-20

These two problems may well be unrelated as the washing machine has it's own temperature control system and heating element. The final rinse cycle is typically done in cold water, and maybe the cold feed was coming in from outside, which made it even colder than normal.

In terms of the hot from the hot-tap, what type of water heater do you have? Is it one-demand - as in you don't have a cylinder in a hotpress?

Advertisement