Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clawhammer

• 19-12-2007 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Anyone know of any good articles on playing 'clawhammer' style., something similar to Mark Knopfler?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

What do you mean by Clawhammer? are you talking about the country banjo playing style translated to guitar or just playing lead with the fingers (as i would usually associate with Mark Knopfler myself)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Both styles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

well this is about the only article i've found on it.

basically i've tried my hand at this kind of thing. the easiest way to go about it is to watch clips. my old guitar teacher basically just took a load of Knopfler tapes and from that came up with the fingering from it and took it from there. there's a few other things on youtube too. For the country styles i've found Doc Watson's fingerpicking to be good to learn from.

hope that helps.

Advertisement