Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Languaje exchange in Galway?

Options
  • 19-12-2007 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

Here I am with another question...

I would like to improve my English but I don't want to spend money in schools, courses or things like those. I think one of the best and free ways of learning are language exchanges (meetings with other people, one-to-conversation, one hour in English, the next hour in Spanish, for instance).

I had a lot of exchanges in Madrid and it was cool. A very good chance to improve your language and to know people. Now in Galway, I'm looking for people who want to practice Spanish/English with me. Anyone interested? Any help?

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

If you don't get anyone from here you could advertise in the university. There are usually a lot of people around there interested in this sort of setup. And since students have no money they prefer language exchange.

Unfortunately students won't be back until after Christmas but give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

anfernee wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here I am with another question...

I would like to improve my English but I don't want to spend money in schools, courses or things like those. I think one of the best and free ways of learning are language exchanges (meetings with other people, one-to-conversation, one hour in English, the next hour in Spanish, for instance).

I had a lot of exchanges in Madrid and it was cool. A very good chance to improve your language and to know people. Now in Galway, I'm looking for people who want to practice Spanish/English with me. Anyone interested? Any help?

Thanks in advance :-)

I'd probably be interested in the New Year. Have intermediate level Spanish but sure could give it a whirl. I'll PM you in Jan.

Think they're a great idea language exchanges. Anyone on boards with sign language (ISL) interested in something similar? Have done up to level three but losing it fast as don't have much opportunity to practise...

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭super-lloyd

How about sharing accomodation with non-spanish speakers, that should help a lot, and it's free! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Yeah putting them up in the university is a good idea. I'd be interested as well, but I won't be back in Galway until mid January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 anfernee

Well, it's already mid January. Anyone interested? :)

cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement