Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make wooden floor watertight

Options
  • 19-12-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a small (6'x8') room which I built in attic space to take plumbing/heating gear (cylinder, buffer tank, pressure pump, etc) which has now been installed. The floor and walls are OSB. To deal with any leaks or spills I put in 2 1/2" pipes from floor to soffit and tried sealing the floor with multiple coats of varnish. However, I'm not convinced that the varnish job is good enough. In particular I taped and varnished the joints (walls to floor and one joint across floor) and this does not look like it will do the job.
    I was considering using a rubberised paint instead and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations/suggestions. I located the following for example but don't know if it's any good http://www.plastidip.co.uk/index2.cf...FQWKMAoddHYcGg

Thanks

Advertisement