Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst christmas present ever received from O/H

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Anti wrote: »
    worst present i got was a "fucking jumper"... I mean seriously wtf like !

Maybe she didn't want to see your man boobs during teh secks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Oi... be bloody nice to him! He has lovely Moobs!

I got a present one year, cute teddy bear. Big enough, but it was wearing a pink baby suit.... IT WAS A CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BABY GIRL TEDDY!!!! It was still very cute and i still sleep with it sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

This will sounds very sad, but I'm 26, and I've never had an OH give me anything... not for Christmas, my birthday, or Valentines Day. It's worked out that the only time I've been with someone on these occasions, the relationship was long distance, so there wasn't much of an exchange of gifts.
    I think if I had an OH, I would like something simple, like a card, and then would like to spend the day/evening with him doing something fun together and enjoying one another's company.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

he's always got me lovely things..cant thing of a bad thing at all!

to be completely honest...i think some of you are being a bit picky and not thinking of the sentiment behind it. some guys find it really hard to buy for their partners so the effort should be applauded! i also know that everyone needs to vent over stuff like this :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

She gives me nothing!

Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Girls are poxy to buy things for. I can't be bothered anymore.

My sister is off shopping for a present from me to me mum right now, while I'm sittin at home chilling :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Body butter, that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Pair of runners - I must have mentioned that I needed a new pair, and he took it as a hint :confused: - I had blatently told him I WANTED a cd player.

We did however get a great laugh out of it, especially when I told him I couldn't find where to put the CDs in :D:D

Even his friends got a kick out of them - he hasn't made the same mistake again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 godhatesme

Nothing will ever beat a used jazz magazine!
    Chris Kindle just wasn't the same after that!

Red underwear from Ann Summers.
    Bless him, he really thought I'd be delighted. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

A USB Mini Lava Lamp (with sparkles instead of the actual liquid gel)....... I didn't have a Laptop or a PC at the time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I don't think the ability to buy crap pressies for the O/H is one exclusively limited to guys.

One Xmas, an ex once got me a little steel model of a camera with a clock in it.

The same ex got me a tie-pin shaped like Concorde. Now, on the odd occasion I do wear a tie, I certainly wouldn't use a tie-pin and certainly one not shaped like a Concorde.

This was a bit of a slap in the face to me as I'm that good at buying presents that many of my mates avail of my 'gift-consultant' services when buying for their missuses at Xmas.

I mean what woman wouldn't like a big knitted cardie with a giraffe on it?, and after all, nothing says 'I love you' more than the gift of practical kitchenware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

well i must retort and to this man hating negativity and once my now ex
    got me a woolie hat and gloves and genuinely meant it as a heartfelt gift.
    even her mam took the piss outha her.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

well i must retort and to this man hating negativity and once my now ex
    got me a woolie hat and gloves and genuinely meant it as a heartfelt gift.
    even her mam took the piss outha her.

well, the reason that theres more girls posting about what their guys got them rather than vice versa is cause you're in the ladies lounge.so, a predominately female audience.
    of course girls can give dodge pressies though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

ellenmelon wrote: »
    well, the reason that theres more girls posting about what their guys got them rather than vice versa is cause you're in the ladies lounge.so, a predominately female audience.
    of course girls can give dodge pressies though...

my bad :)

i was joking - not about the pressies though - i really did get a hat and gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I once got a playstation 2 game for christmas off an ex it would have been great if i had a playstation. Its not only guys who buy crappy presents.
    Happy new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

my bad :)

i was joking - not about the pressies though - i really did get a hat and gloves
    I bet she was thinking that they would keep you grand and warm while standing on sidelines watching matches - how thoughtfull of her :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I was once given a book (one that I never would have bought myself in a million years) and on the inside cover was a note to my ex from his aunt and uncle, wishing him a happy birthday. I was pretty disgusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Malteaser I think you may be winning with that one!!! That's pretty lousy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qodp0x40ZxY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CrunchMagg

I don't think the ability to buy crap pressies for the O/H is one exclusively limited to guys.

One Xmas, an ex once got me a little steel model of a camera with a clock in it.

The same ex got me a tie-pin shaped like Concorde. Now, on the odd occasion I do wear a tie, I certainly wouldn't use a tie-pin and certainly one not shaped like a Concorde.

Those actually sound like cute things not like socks or anything, I don't know what you're complaining about compard to every1 else. But she obviously wasnt that crazy about u.

Its true that even if ur bad at picking presents if u really love someone u will pick something that reflects ur Ohs interests and identity however silly it mite be. its sad but im really into poetry altho I cant write it myself, but my bf wrote me a poem at xmas and it was the nicest gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

An engagement ring.. needless to say i said no!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

CrunchMagg wrote: »
    Those actually sound like cute things not like socks or anything, I don't know what you're complaining about compard to every1 else. But she obviously wasnt that crazy about u.
    Oh, yes she was. I'm was just making the point that being crap at buying presents for other people isn't a exclusively male trait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kiki_

Sorry ladies, but I have the winner: Electricity play set for kids aged 10-12. It came in a big box and I thought it was gonna be something amazing. It was for little boys who want to learn about electricity! He honestly thought I'd really enjoy it.

He was actually a great guy, but I used to dread birthdays, Christmas and Valentines Day etc. cos I hated having to pretend to be delighted with whatever ridiculous thing he'd bought me. I could never bring myself to say it to him though - "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I actually got a Rabbit for mothers day once off the ex :D yes it was a rampant one too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kiki_

Oh, for a moment I thought you meant a real rabbit! That would be the best present ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

A horrible candle that would fit in in an old folks home.

Advertisement