Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your PC ready for Crysis?

Options
  • 19-12-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

lol, Nvidia sent me this link today.

I nearly choked on my cornflakes laughing at the bit where he evaluated if my work PC could play Crysis.

Probably won't be as funny for people watching it on a PC that could actually handle Crysis

www.readyforcrysis.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

This is bring me to a link to email to a friend....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

same , besides Crysis looks poo anyways... best to steer away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

SickBoy wrote: »
    This is bring me to a link to email to a friend....

hmm... try opening the link in firefox, works for my friends in work

Also, just send the link to you email address then if it brings up that page.

Watch it for the ending, the guy will give you a verbal run down as to whether your PC can handle Crysis

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lol id say if you had a nvida 6200 he would say your ready :)

if you had ati your pc would explode

good little gimick i guess, i just lolled so hard at the sli bit.

but he said my pc could handle it fine, but i dno, game still looks a bit poo to me

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

ha, crappy little satelite machines here at work dont even have flash to load the page. Pitty cause Id like to see what kinda of result they get

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

I don't agree with the fact that games companies are promoting certain companies like Crysis with INvida.
    That trailer was hilarious, I can barely run Crysis on low but as soon as it saw I had an Invidia card the guys pretty much goes bananas haha. Oh youre GREAT you have an INvidia GPU! ALthoughyou can MAXIMISE CRYSIS and if you fork out 600 euro for INVIDIA S.L.I.!!!! BOOOM! **** off Invidia.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

S.I.R wrote: »
    same , besides Crysis looks poo anyways... best to steer away from it.
    Your joking man, rite? lol, But yeah I agree was a little dissapointed with the crysis gameplay and of course the steep hardware requirements, I have to run the thing on 1024x768 to play medium/high on my rig! I have to admit though graphics wise it really just makes all other games look old tech in comparision, I mean take COD4, a brilliant game but play that alongside crysis on high/medium and you'll see what I mean, sure its poorly optomised but it deffinately has some of the best visuals in a game your going to see for ages probably, just look at uncharted & crysis side by side and you'll see what I mean :)

Nick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think he meant it looks poo as a game, rather then the graphics look poo. No one can say the graphics look anything short of fantastic.

Kiith wrote: »
    I think he meant it looks poo as a game, rather then the graphics look poo. No one can say the graphics look anything short of fantastic.
    Ahh ok m8, that makes more sense, I was wondering lol :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

nVidia SLI, dawg :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Told me my ATI card was integrated graphics :p

chamlis wrote: »
    nVidia SLI, dawg :D
    Thats apparently what I need accroding to that site lol , What nvidia now need is to team up with crytek (And ATI too) and help crytek patch it and of course release optomised drivers

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

<Snipx-0rs>

<my email address> eh?

crap!!! they must send out a unique URL to each address. A bit sucky to say the least. I've edited the original post to only contain the base URL. Can you edit your post and remove my email address, thanks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Well now that I know yore e-mail address, what's it worth to you that I keep quiet?

Not much prolly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yoyo wrote: »
    Your joking man, rite? lol, But yeah I agree was a little dissapointed with the crysis gameplay and of course the steep hardware requirements, I have to run the thing on 1024x768 to play medium/high on my rig! I have to admit though graphics wise it really just makes all other games look old tech in comparision, I mean take COD4, a brilliant game but play that alongside crysis on high/medium and you'll see what I mean, sure its poorly optomised but it deffinately has some of the best visuals in a game your going to see for ages probably, just look at uncharted & crysis side by side and you'll see what I mean :)

Nick

Crysis looks poo on medium settings, it's barely an improvement on Far Cry
    It looks pretty damn good on high though, but not massive ammounts better than CoD4 (especially the stunning ghillie suit level)

As for the game. It's more poo than 2 girls with 1 cup.......

tman wrote: »
    Crysis looks poo on medium settings, it's barely an improvement on Far Cry
    It looks pretty damn good on high though, but not massive ammounts better than CoD4 (especially the stunning ghillie suit level)

I only play with sound (Onboard), Physics, shadows and textures on medium, the rest are on high and it looks damn good, and much better than origional far cry :) As I need the framerate to be 30+ fps I had to lower these few things, sure it drops now and then but most of the time its solid 40+ fps

Nick

tman wrote: »

i'm just really looking forward to the community mods for this game, and also to see which other games get developed on this engine.

Maybe when all 3 Crysis games are released it will seem a lot better. This game feels like they originally intended for it to be longer, but to make more money just cut it into 3 parts. I'd say when you play Crysis 1,2 and 3 back to back it will actually feel like a full game (... for 3 times the price :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Bought Crysis the day it came out but I haven't really played it because my pc cant run it with everything at full, so it's not really "the way it's ment to be played" ....so im not playing it until they release a patch to optimize it and maybe future nvidia drivers will help. :confused:

CC

Advertisement