Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding Difficulty

• 19-12-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi All -

Quick question. i have been skiing 3 times and am heading off to bansko for 11 days on the 28th. I want to give snowboarding a go.

Is it worth heading up to kilternan for a lesson before i head over?

Everybody i have asked says that it is more difficult to learn but easier to master than skiing. Would it be unreasonable to expect to make it down a red slope with snotting myself after 4-5 days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Is it worth heading up to kilternan for a lesson before i head over?
    I think Kilternan do a full day lesson which would be very helpful to get you comfortable on a board.
    Everybody i have asked says that it is more difficult to learn but easier to master than skiing. Would it be unreasonable to expect to make it down a red slope with snotting myself after 4-5 days?

Again depending on your instructor and how quick you learn it wouldn't be unreasonable to do a red after 5 days. Just to clarify though with snowboarding you can do go down any run on your heal/toe edge. This isn't what I would call "doing" the run but it can get down a run, if you get me.

In Bansko the snowboarding instructors get paid very little so its quite cheap to get yourself an Instructor to stay with you for the full day, every day.

Another point is if you are going on the 28th Dec, make sure and book a restaurant for New Years, its costs roughly a €100 for the night with free beer. In 2006 we didn't know you have too and went out around 7 looking for some food\beer, we couldn't find a single restaurant\bar to serve us and eventually found a local shop where we got ready made Sandwich's.. it was a very quiet night for us.. apart from all the Fireworks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭jimdev

I think I just saw in the Ski Club's newsletter that Kilternan are doing one of their all day Snowboard beginner things soon. Best phone them to ask 295 5658

Advertisement