Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Server Setup Thingy Stuff

• 19-12-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Clan boss man has set me the task of finding out how to setup a 50 player server as opposed to a 32 player . I wasn't really listening :o , but I think he was saying something about it changing back to a 32 player server everytime .

So come on people , spell it out here in plain engrish and make me look clever .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Everytime what??? Maybe you should focus on writing coherent sentences first if you want to look clever :p:D .

I am not exactly sure what you want to do but if it is to have a 32 man profile and a 50 man profile, then you need to make a seperate config file for each profile and then just call whichever one you want through rcon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

Everytime what??? Maybe you should focus on writing coherent sentences first if you want to look clever :p:D .

Every time he changes it to a 50 man ..... like I said I wasn't listening and I am not trying to be or look clever , ye are supposed to make me look clever . I will try and make a better effort to get the details off him tonight or maybe it was as simple as he only made one profile and that he wants to change that one to a 50 player .

Lets be clear here I hate this game and all that play it until I get it for xmas .

sv_setmaxplayers = 32

If he sets this to anything over 32 it says it is an unrecognised command . This seems to be his problem .

Are you actually paying for a 50 man server?

Are you actually paying for a 50 man server?

We have our own box with a few different games on it , as COD4 is the flavour of the month he threw up the 32 man but felt that the 50 player servers seemed to be more popular .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I've never played on a server bigger than 20 man, anything bigger is full out spam imo.

I've never played on a server bigger than 20 man, anything bigger is full out spam imo.

Thought that was the story myself , It is quiet possible with Ram2000 that he just wants to know how to do it as opposed to actually changing the server .

set sv_maxclients 50

Try that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

2x25 man servers > 50 man server tbh.

but sv_maxclients is what you want i think

set sv_maxclients 50

Try that

nope , didn't work , reverted back to 32 . Is it possible it only does 50 on a linux server ?

• Advertisement

Quite possible, they only added linux support belatedly.

ui_maxclients = 50

for anyone searching this in some distant future

jonski wrote: »
    ui_maxclients = 50

for anyone searching this in some distant future

Lol I just came to boards to post that now :D .

Advertisement