Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America Wrestling Rampage

• 19-12-2007 1:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭

INEC
    AMERICAN WRESTLING RAMPAGE
    TOUR 2008
    INEC
    DOORS 5PM, SHOW 6PM
    MON 17-MAR-2008

AMERICAN WRESTLING
    RAMPAGE TOUR 08
    ROYAL THEATRE, CASTLEBAR
    DOORS 7PM SHOW 8PM
    SUN 16-MAR-08

anyone know whats this about or like

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Orig most likely. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

My first impression is that it would be another of those "imitation" promotions that rip off WWE wrestlers. There's no financial benefit for an actual American company to come over and do a show in Castlebar

EDIT: On the INEC website it says that tickets are €27.65! That's a lot

I was just checking the IWW site, someone posted on their forum saying that Test said recently that him and Sandman are touring Ireland in March, and IWW said that it's not with them. So maybe they'll be on this show. I think Test wrote on his Myspace yesterday that his tour in Ireland will be the last time he wrestles, but it's hard to make out what he wrote because of his bad grammar. He'd be banned from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

EdK wrote: »

I really doubt it. That promotion probably struggles to draw people in its locality, they won't do any better in Castlebar, with Lumberjack Leroux, their cross between Dan Severn and Mick Foley

Was the only similar thing i could find it was fun looking through their amateur roster though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

royal theatre in castlebar is fairly big, i doubt they will get anywhere near to filling it. If test and sandman appear i might be interested in going along the night after IWW in Donnycarney.

bret and scott hall both appeared in mayo at a show a few years back i believe, i was away at the time. Giants Haystacks was a regular visitor back in the day

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Giants Haystacks was a regular visitor back in the day

Yeah, I think his family were Irish, from the west somewhere. My dad's not a big wrestling fan but he told me about a time years ago when his dad dragged him down to a wrestling show here. He said they had to leave early because a riot started because of Haystacks

haystacks parents were from kiltimagh in county mayo from what i hear

Haystacks was an awesome monster heel during the 1980s, his bad guy character was so believable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Wheres the INEC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Killarney doubt its Orig tickets are going on sale on ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003F92F40170AD?artistid=960584&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=27

• Advertisement

the royal theatre have an article on this show, some familiar names, tickets are a bit pricey, but i will go along anyway because its not everyday we get ex WWE stars performing in the west :)

http://www.royaltheatre.ie/events/20080316_American_Wrestling.php

Chris Masters! What a guy. The lad without a name on the poster looks like Joe E Legend/Just Joe

You'll get to see Test's last match , what an honour lol

That actually looks like a bit of craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Says Toby Klein is on their roster.
    Hes pretty frickin hardcore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Fozzy wrote: »
    Chris Masters! What a guy. The lad without a name on the poster looks like Joe E Legend/Just Joe

It is Joe, he told me he would be on this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I predict multiple no-shows. This is gonna be a hilarious train wreck and anyone eho buys a ticket must be mad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

NLW are in on this
    ***********Breaking news***********
    Chris Masters, Sandman, Test, Gangrel, Joe Legend, Hidenreich "The Pukka One" Darren Burridge, and many more from around the world will tour this coming March with NLW on the Rampage tour 08, All tickets go on sale Friday Dec 22 via Ticketmaster. Check back as more information becomes available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

From my one experience with NLW,if their involved it only adds to the sham of an effort!!

the nlw show i went to i really enjoyed so i think it could be good. im suprised they havent done a show in dublin on this tour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Interesting - this shít and IWW in Cork (Silversprings 15th) in one weekend. What a mess of a night this one will be.

I always would love to know why the guys promoting this rubbish do not put their money into actually helping the local scene(s) rather than giving these has been junky roid freaks a reason to keep being junky roid freaks.

Wasted money.

gimmick wrote: »
    Interesting - this shít and IWW in Cork (Silversprings 15th) in one weekend. What a mess of a night this one will be.

I always would love to know why the guys promoting this rubbish do not put their money into actually helping the local scene(s) rather than giving these has been junky roid freaks a reason to keep being junky roid freaks.

Wasted money.

here here!

Better of going to the iww show and supporting your own wrestlers.At least you know its highly likely they will return for more shows and turn up in the first place!
    Look @ who iww has booked and id say 97-98% they have showed up(in my time of going to shows)

Not trying to stir **** here but if NLW wrestlers are wrestling on the Rampage shows, would that not be giving a boost to the local scene, and would going to the show not be supporting the "local scene"?

Not trying to stir **** here but if NLW wrestlers are wrestling on the Rampage shows, would that not be giving a boost to the local scene, and would going to the show not be supporting the "local scene"?

Who knows till the card is announced!At the minute its just advertising the american workers and then i suppose nlw talent will fill the gaps.
    Whereas im sure iww will have a poster of their talent and the forgein talent on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

gimmick wrote: »

Wasted money.

Is the AMERICAN WRESTLING RAMPAGE TOUR show on in Cork if so where and when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Burridge with NLW?

Uh-oh!

Someone fell out with IwW...

jeffk wrote: »
    here here!

Better of going to the iww show and supporting your own wrestlers.At least you know its highly likely they will return for more shows and turn up in the first place!
    Look @ who iww has booked and id say 97-98% they have showed up(in my time of going to shows)

That's a laugh I remember you crying into your Rice Krispies for weeks when Drew Galloway no showed IWW!:confused::eek::D

flahavaj wrote: »
    That's a laugh I remember you crying into your Rice Krispies for weeks when Drew Galloway no showed IWW!:confused::eek::D

I left out foreign one of talent there not actual people of the roster

Is this even English!?:confused:

• Advertisement

Is this even English!?:confused:

I forgot to enter the words:once of appearance foreign talent not actual full time wrestlers of the roster,into that statement!

Is tht alright 4 u bud??????? :cool:

Well IWW's own trainees are hardly likely to no-show their own company's shows now are they? Unless they're off selling pop corn I suppose or getting chased around the Northside by young fellas......:D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Actually, no it won't as they will not be billed as being from Irish promotions. If they wanted to promote and push local talent, then these shows would be promoted as such. Just goes to show you how well thought out this tour will be :rolleyes:

Is there a website for America Wrestling Rampage?

Apparently the Cork leg of this is canceled. Nor sure about the rest of it. This will be good news for IWW who are running a show on March 16th.

Was there ever a date announced for Cork? I didn't see one. There's five dates up at Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/960748?list_view=1 They're about €30, but €40 in Galway. Very steep price considering the quality of wrestling you'll probably get, and compare it to the guys IWW and NWA have brought in recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Was there ever a date announced for Cork? I didn't see one. There's five dates up at Ticketmaster: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/960748?list_view=1 They're about €30, but €40 in Galway. Very steep price considering the quality of wrestling you'll probably get, and compare it to the guys IWW and NWA have brought in recently

They had two shows in Cork announced, early and late show, for same day (March 15th - In Carlow that date now instead). Ticket details were up on ticketmaster the last time I checked a few weeks ago, maybe they weren't selling well or something. Not bothered, wasn't gonna go. Will hopefully make the IwW show that weekend.

The NLW website has more info on this tour.

www.nolimitwrestling.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

IWW and NWA are still yet to make the journey out whest. Its the only wrestling we'll get to see, probably the reason for the €40 price tag. I think it will draw with the kids. Alot of those guys were in the WWE fairly recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The pictures of Masters, Heidenreich and Test that they chose to put up on the main site are interesting.

IWW and NWA are still yet to make the journey out whest. Its the only wrestling we'll get to see, probably the reason for the €40 price tag. I think it will draw with the kids. Alot of those guys were in the WWE fairly recently

IWW has been in Sligo a few times I think.

• Advertisement

I predict multiple no-shows. This is gonna be a hilarious train wreck and anyone eho buys a ticket must be mad.

i was mad enough to buy a ticket for last nights show in Castlebar :p Great craic and well worth the €30, much better value than the normal WWE house show in Ireland that costs €80. Masters, Legend, Heidenreich, sandman, test and gangrel all there and all signing autographs/taking photos for 1 hour before the show and during the interval and some like sandman and heindenreich and Joe E legend even stayed behind for a good while after the show signing stuff

Top notch production, great sound quality, some decent matches, sandman/test was awful but sandmans entrance ala One Night Stand 2005 was amazing, it took about 10 minutes and went through two versions of enter sandman. Atmosphere was electric all night, chris masters i thought was great on the mic (why didn't WWE give him some mic time :confused:)

A full house too so about 1000 in attendance (alot of kids and WWE marks with their replica belts). Two highlights for me:
    1. the young kids (some no more than 5 or 6) chanting "ECdub" at sandman as he walked down from the balcony as he spit budweiser all over them (and then they cheering).
    2.Big table bump in one of the matches between a skinny Irish guy and bigger american lad.

I was at the Limerick show on Friday. Full house as well. They put on a great show. Legend and Masters are two super cool guys who took time out to make all the fans welcome. There is talks of another AWR tour in Oct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i'm going to this tmw night in galway

i cant wait arrrrggh table bumps :D

I was at the Limerick show on Friday. Full house as well. They put on a great show. Legend and Masters are two super cool guys who took time out to make all the fans welcome. There is talks of another AWR tour in Oct.

i forgot about it actually but if it comes back in oct will try n get tickets and head to it

Hopefully Wexford tonight is another packed house. Found this on the NLW forum, surprised it hasn't been posted:
    No Limit Wrestling will return to the Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare on Saturday April 12th.

NLW presents... DOUBLE TROUBLE
    2 MASSIVE SHOWS IN ONE DAY!
    SATURDAY APRIL 12TH 2008

Matinee Show: 3PM
    Evening Show: 7PM

Featuring:
    A FORMER WWE SUPERSTAR YET TO BE NAMED
    NLW management are keeping the name of the former WWE superstar who will appear in Naas under wraps for now although we understand that the name will be released over the coming days so stay with nolimitwrestling.com for all the up-to-date news.

Also featuring:
    - NEW NLW CHAMPION Sean "Maxer" Brennan
    - "The Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow
    - Former NLW Champion Dunkan Disorderly
    - Team Mega
    - James Coleman
    - Joey Cabray
    - "All Star" Anthony Idol
    - And more.

The Biggest Day of Wrestling to ever hit Ireland....

The Moat Theatre, Saturday April 12th.
    For tickets phone the moat box office at: 045-883030
    or call in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Dunken Disorderly! Brilliant!!!

Nicked from another forum, apparently derived from German site cagematch.de.....
    Limerick, County Limerick, Ireland
    University of Limerick (1.200)

Paul Tracey besiegt Shaka
    Test besiegt Gangrel
    The Sandman besiegt Joey Cabray
    Paddy Morrow besiegt Dunkan Disorderly und Sean Brennan
    Joe E. Legend besiegt Chris Masters

Carlow, County Carlow, Ireland
    Youth Centre (800)

Heidenreich besiegt Dunkan Disorderly
    Test besiegt Gangrel
    The Sandman besiegt Joey Cabray
    Sean Brennan besiegt Paddy Morrow
    Paul Tracey besiegt Shaka

Castlebar, County Mayo, Ireland
    TF Royal Theatre (1.500)

Gangrel besiegt Dunkan Disorderly
    Alpha Female (Jazzy B) besiegt Jenny Svedian
    Heidenreich besiegt Sean Brennan und Shaka
    The Sandman besiegt Test
    Joey Cabray besiegt Paddy Morrow

Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland
    Gleneagle Hotel (1.500)

Gangrel besiegt Dunkan Disorderly
    Jenny Svedian besiegt Alpha Female (Jazzy B)
    Paddy Morrow besiegt Joey Cabray und Shaka
    The Sandman besiegt Test
    Heidenreich © besiegt Sean Brennan

Weird. I was talking to someone who was at the castlebar show and said it was the biggest pile of crap he had ever seen. That said, each to their own etc. I think he was expecting WWE style production and action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I was at it last night.. it was a great show, tho i think all the chants we started just made me like it more :D

there was chants at test of 'you suck dick' 'tests a homo' tests on steroids'
    other random chants of 'you suck' 'e c dub' and so on.

heidenreich's match was awful, i think a kid kicked masters in the dick at one stage. test nearly had his sunglasses taken off him and he grabbed the lad by the throat :eek:

and joe legend really is a super cool guy, chatted to us about him trianing with edge and christan and being part of sex+violence with sexton hardcastle :D heidenreich was a nice guy at the autograph sesh too but his match against a guy called shaka was just TERRIBLE.. 'this is boring' chants and all sorts

there was a guy there with a really hot blonde valet, not sure his name but he looked to me like the best wrestler on the card, test and masters were in a tag match vs legend and sandman as the main event so they didnt really work much.
    the irish dude tried a 619 but the ropes were so lose he ****edd it up rofl

DRakE wrote: »
    there was a guy there with a really hot blonde valet, not sure his name but he looked to me like the best wrestler on the card,

That was Joey Cabray

• Advertisement
Advertisement