Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking Rage!!

Options
  • 19-12-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

So frustrating...I spent 20 minutes waiting for a space in Stillorgan car park this morning and had finally spotted one, I indicated, pulled in and waited for the occupant to leave. However, just before I could pull into the space, a p***k in a Golf pulled in the entrance to the car park, drove the wrong way up a one way road and robbed my space. I couldn't get there in fron of them as there was a car pulling into the space beside them, in front of me.
    I beeped and gesticulated (and probably looked like a loon), all to no avail as he and his girlfriend didn't even have the balls to look my way and acknowledge what they had done. I decided to get out and confront him, but I saw a space open up behind me, so I decided to take that instead. When I got out of my car they had left theirs and were gone...:mad:

Is it acceptable in these situations to either smash a tail light, rip a tyre, key the paintwork, or pour brake fluid on the roof?? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

complete idiot imo , typical golf driver eh ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Ah it's nice to see the festive spirit is well and truely alive in you. Avoid the stress of shopping centre car parks and go and shop in small towns.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

endplate wrote: »
    Ah it's nice to see the festive spirit is well and truely alive in you. Avoid the stress of shopping centre car parks and go and shop in small towns.:D

I'm plenty festive...I left his car unmolested! So I should leave Dublin and go to a small town to buy 1 book and post one letter? Makes sense I guess, as long as I could avoid the M50...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Couldn't have got the bus? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

parking rules go out the window at xmas my friend! deal with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

You did the right thing by coming on here for us to share your rage cos if you reacted with vandalism it would have been more of a BEE BAW BEE BAW-Off to spend Christmas in jail for cambo_gueno type situation and the Golf driver laughs last.

I was confronted once by an angry couple who were trying to reverse about 100 feet back to where a car they had seen in their mirror was leaving its space. I was immediately behind the space, so I let the parked car out and parked up (I had been driving around for about 30 mins- Christmas shopping again). I hadn't even clocked them, they were so far up the one-way street ahead.

I am very Zen-ish and I would never steal someone else's space but A) what they had planned to do was take a space that because of the heaviness of traffic and one way system, they no longer had access to (it was gone- let it go) B) they double parked and came back howling abuse thus causing a jam C) my mate was with me and before I could reason with them, he had told yer man to.... "f*ck off, boy, willya":D:D:D

Bout 2 weeks later, I walked through a door at work and there they were in front of me with a salesman bout 2 feet away from me!!!

I just htought of another time when I was pulled into a ye olde worlde type petrol station with the pump at the edge for access to cars at either side.

There was a long queue so I waited my turn and pulled up, grabbed the handle and started filling the car. I then noticed the woman at the other side of the pump was turning red. I then realsied that I'd assumed she was finishing, not starting as she had been at the other side of the pumps before me and I must have practically snatched it from under her nose. I apologised profusely and she lightened up:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

@pete4130: no, I couldn't have got the bus. There is no bus service near where I work

@easyontheeye: I know, I know. I still have to the rage dissipate some way though. It was either a small rant or some expensive car damage.

@cantdecide: yes indeed you are right, absolutely no point in doing damage like that.

Have calmed down now anyway. Good job he wasn't driving an SUV, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Recently I decided a chipper was in order for lunch..

So I left the office and drove down. It's all a one-way system in the town so when I rounded the corner and saw a spot just ahead of me (to the left of stationary traffic), I was set. Indicate and wait...

Traffic moves, so do I then hit the hazards as I shifted into reverse. Fairly obvious to all what my intention was. Did it stop the 50-something-year-old asshole in a beat up corolla driving up my arse anyway? Nope!

Now seeing as the alternative was a 10/15 minute trip around the block I sat there waiting for him to backup (clearly the person behind him knew what I was attempting to do as they backed up to let this guy move) but he didnt, so I get out of the car, point, and tell (ok shout) at him to back the f^ck up - which he begrudgingly then did.

5 seconds later I'm in the spot, but that just really pissed me off. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

In a situation like that if I have a passenger I send them down to the space they have to tie their lace just in front of the space :D

• Advertisement

I'll probably do a bad job of explaining this but I was in the car with my brother a couple of years ago on a winters night at rush hour.

We were coming up to a cross in the road with traffic everywhere. There was marked parking spaces on the right as we approached and there was a double yellow line alongside a 9" kerb on the left and it was a narrow road so the cars coming against us had to duck into gaps to our unobstructed lane free. Our lane having the right of way of course.

When we were about 40 feet from the junction a snake of traffic was coming through the junctin from the right and coming down against us. Becasue they had a green light, they ignored the fact that the road was jammed and there was nowhere for them to go. They should have stopped before the lights and waited for the raffic ahead to clear but they kept on coming. The next thing is that the snake ground to a halt with 2 cars "double parked" right in front of us and a four foot gap to the kerb on the left. There was a string of jumbled up traffic behind that couldn't go forward or back.

A mexican standoff ensued- mo bhraithir was expected to mount the high kerb with his 17s or 18s as a result of others beligerantly driving into a place with no room for them. That of course wasn't going to happen. It was a woman that came howling at him to drive up on the kerb and stop being pig-headed but it still wasn't going to happen- he informed her of the potential cost of replacing said alloys. Eventually (10 or 15mins later) same fair lady got maybe ten offending cars all to back up one at a time and make the hole that shouldn't have been plugged in the first place.

I like to think they learned something about being in too much of a rush to consider what they're really doing by being selfish. They ended up costing themselve about 20 mins because they just couldn't waith for that gap. But I doubt they learned anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Irish drivers really are ignorant but not as bad as Kiwis but that is another story.

I recall one story friend of mine told involving a tractor and trailer load of bales on a narrow one lane road. If you are towny then just imagine big truck ;)
    The tractor/trailer combination met a very fancy Merc driven by lady, with couple of passengers who were probably checking out the nearby new golf course.
    Anyway she honked and gesticualted at the tractor driver to back up the trailer with wide/high load of bales.
    He tried to point out it was very hard for him to reverse back and that he had the big vehicle combination,but nothing happening.

His brothers were following in a car and when they realised what was going on they proceeded to appear from around the trailer carrying hayforks.

Lady soon found reverse and quickly disappeared up the road, turned and sped off.
    And the moral of the story is "Always carry a hayfork"

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Heard of the same thing happening to a guy a few months ago. Just that day he had bought a wheel clamp in aldi/lidl (i think) for a few euro which he was going to use for his caravan. Anywho, the guy pulled into his space, he parked up somewhere else, waited til they were gone and clamped his car :D An interesting way around it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

On the flip side (to make everybody happy for xmas :D) a couple of weeks ago I in Jervis street car park and it was almost full so I was up and down a few times. :( I got stuck behind 2 old ladies out on the town who couldn't drive and stopped for no reason (there was no spaces goddammit!)as I came down off the ramp - I had to jam on breaks while they had a daydream - the guy behind me reversed up the ramp to let me reverse back and drive by them!! Thanks whoever you were :D

Advertisement