Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cud be Pregnant

Options
  • 19-12-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

I think there is a chance i could be pregnant, if i am, i will be very happy, if not...well what will be will be.
    I am over 10 days late which is not like me. Did a test turned up negative. Had a two day bleed in the middle, but it wasnt a period (wont go into the gorey details). I dont want to be getting all the phantom symptoms if i am not, but it could have been an implantation bleed altho i know not very common.
    Anyway, if i go to the doctor will a blood test be more accurate in telling me, just want to know one way or the other??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Drs tend not to blood tests they use the same hormoane urine test.
    I would suggest that you get another test and try as flase negatives are possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

On our first, my wife used one of the Boots test kits which indicated positive. So we went to the doctor for confirmation - his test read negative. Three days later, my wife repeated with the Boots test which again read positive. We went to the doctor again, this time his read positive too. IMO, the kits you get in the pharmacy are as accurate as what the doc uses. But you do need to go to the doc for 'official' confirmation.

Advertisement