Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ok heres a challenge

Options
  • 19-12-2007 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey all, just bought the 00 merc a140, looking to modify it slightly to make it a lil less soccer mom-exque ;) . Anywho was looking to change the alloys to maybe some 15" bbs lm's or similar. The stereo is naff at the moment in it, but im not talking about making it look the catalogue from halfords either. Trying to make any sound changes subtle and under wraps if possible. Just wondering what i have to do when going about changing the radio. Is it just in and out or what? Any suggestions on how to improve the look of the car? Probably a first on boards i'd say? Anyways, anyone up for the challenge any comments appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The A class has come up here a few times:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055112637&highlight=a140

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055180982&highlight=a140

Generally don't get an overly enthusiastic reaction on here!
    On modifying the exterior, I think subtle is the key

If I had your car and wanted to modify it, I'd start by colour coding the door handles and sills, look for some later model wing mirrors with the turn sugnal built in. The newer models had a badge on the wing where the indicator was on the old model.

Some AMG alloys would be the obvious choice. bit pricey and rare though.

Get the all red rear light clusters and de-badge the boot.

Stereo is a standard Blaupunkt unit AFAIK, and the dash will take double DIN units so anythings possible.

03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Go with 'Euro' styling, lower it, 15'' split BBS or Ronal wheels and smooth body lines.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

When i bought it someone had put a sony radio/cassette player in there. Sound isnt clear etc, altho that could be just a problem from the cassette etc. How would i go about colour coding everything? also with debadging, i dont wanna leave a nasty hole in me boot or anything. Thanks for the feedback, generally is hard to get feedback unless its a jap or golf ha. I like your ideas though, will look up about them mirrors too. Thanks! any more ideas welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

The badges should just be glued on mate, hair dryer and dental floss to remove them, and a bit of t-cut to get rid of the excess glue. Best of getting a pro to do the colour coding, can look awful if you **** up yourself, shouldnt be too much for the door handles and rubstrips anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

^what he said^

and resist the temptation to put an AMG badge on it please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

dont worry, im not going to stick any sort of badge on it. i can resist the temptation, dont worry. thanks for the feedback

Advertisement