Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser card transaction deficiency!

Options
  • 19-12-2007 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

On the other thread(help, money gone) i had reported a dodgy transaction on my account.
    Now, after going to the bank, they can't trace where the transaction was made until its charged to the bank by the retailer. All they have is an expiry date and say 'wait till transaction appears on your statement and come back'

Does anyone find this ridiculous in the electronic age that they can't trace laser transactions straight away?

What the above means also is that the customer is screwed without access to their account if they report something dodgy as card has to be cancelled to ensure no more is taken from the account.
    If we don't take action if card was skimmed it helps the fraudster, if we do and we 'forget' about a genuine laser transaction, the customer suffers with long delays.

Is it about time they can show real time laser transactions?...If not, whats stopping them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think you're reading a bit much into the term "real-time". What they are seeing is a real time authorisation, and when the authorisation expires - but the transaction won't come through until the batch of transactions are processed by the retailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So should there be a better limit on the retailer to pass on the info to the banks like maybe 24 hrs or less instead of like 5 days?

If there was, it'll go a long way helping matters in my case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

gurramok wrote: »
    So should there be a better limit on the retailer to pass on the info to the banks like maybe 24 hrs or less instead of like 5 days?

If there was, it'll go a long way helping matters in my case!
    That would discourage small retailers using laser cards. Not something that would favour consumers.

Advertisement