Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheap insurance

Options
  • 19-12-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I was given a car by my uncle. I'm 19.Its a Peugeot 306 1.9 diesel. I have a provisional license. I got a quote from Quinn for 2300. Is there any cheaper insurance companies out there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Ring around everywhere, there is dozens of companies out there, and try brokers too.
    You might get lucky but for people in your circumstances Quinn are often the cheapest - they were for me, just dont crash!!
    Many will not quote you for having a large engine (even though its a diesel, tesco and hibernian wouldnt quote me on a 2 ltr almera and i had 2 yrs NCB and a full license.

Be sure to check out britton insurance, FBD, AXA, and lots of others. Dont be suprised to get quotes of double Quinns!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭strokeslover

Tanks alot for the help Clonád..I shall start ringin.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

np, This thread might help, plenty of insurance company details:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

insure.ie too might be helpful - they check around for the cheapest, I got best quote from them, dearest was Quinn / Hibernian (probably different as I'm a girl but still worth a try)

Advertisement