Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best restaraunt

Options
  • 19-12-2007 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Just wondering what restaraunts in town people would recommend, for a date that is. Obviously looking for somewhere that is classy but fun, and im not exactly a multi millionare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Go back a few pages in this Forum, great recomondations.

I would avoid any of them coming up to xmas though. Crap xmas menus, rushing people in and out.

google these

The Porthouse (really really reasonable)

SABA (really cool and impressive)

Ho Sen (relaxed, laid back athentic Vietnamese)

Chez Max (Dublins best French Bistro good value)

Monty of khatmandu (fantastic)

I will try and think of more for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Check Menupages.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

The Port House (as opposed to The Porterhouse) has lots of people who don't agree, but I think the food is great. It's reasonably priced and the atmosphere is lovely.

The French Paradox in Ballsbridge is gorgeous and a bit quirky. If she likes good wine she'll love it. The food comes in small dishes but you can order as many as you like and the desserts are amazing!

Also have a look at Bleu on Dawson Street. It's not too cheap but I think is really good value and in a great location for a few drinks afterwards.

Final suggestion is the First Floor Restaurant at Harvey Nichols in Dundrum. The prices are saucy but it's lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Chapter One have a good value early bird (or as they call it 'pre-theatre') menu, though I doubt there will be a chance of a table this side of New Year.
    http://www.chapteronerestaurant.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Dub6Kevin wrote: »
    The Port House (as opposed to The Porterhouse) has lots of people who don't agree, but I think the food is great. It's reasonably priced and the atmosphere is lovely.

I suggested that already, I'm with you though, its really good, heard a few mixed reviews, I think when it first opened it was hit and miss. They have another place in temple bar, supposed to have a better menu, can't think of the name of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

L'Gueleton on Fade street. Excellent food, reasonalby priced, French stuff, very trendy. They don't take reservations so I'd advise going down early a bit before they open to get a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

spurious wrote: »
    Chapter One have a good value early bird (or as they call it 'pre-theatre') menu, though I doubt there will be a chance of a table this side of New Year.
    http://www.chapteronerestaurant.com/
    Yup - I'm on a waiting list for a date 2 months away!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clawsthefirst

Da Pino, or anywhere along that street, Parliament street I think it is

Advertisement