Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery problem

Options
  • 19-12-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

My battery died last week. Called the AA and they got it going enough to get me to the nearest tyre place and get a new one. Thing is, as soon as it was fitted my car kept cutting out when I was coming to a stop or in neutral. The revs seem much quieter than normal. I'm getting fed up with stopping and starting. I gave it a few days to see if it would settle down and while it's not as bad, it's still cutting out. I rang the tyre place and told them what is happening and said they didn't think it was the battery. I did say that this has only happened since the battery was fitted and that the AA had already checked the alternator and it was fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Surely the battery was replaced like for like? I'll bring it back to them on Saturday but any ideas before that would be gratefully received!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What car? what age? What mileage?

Maybe the AA 'jump-started' it by connecting leads from another battery or his truck (!) etc?? If so, they say it may cause electrical or engine management problems or damage?

Or did he tow your car?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Doesn't sound like a battery issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

alternator might be fine but he cabels and such connected to it might be the trouble , what kinda car is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

It's a Mitsubishi Pajero Junior. 11 years old. 200k on the clock. Goes like a bomb and never had any problems with it. Regularly serviced and passes NCT every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

last serviced? Is it generally down on power or just at idle?

Is it a diesel? (forgive my ignorance)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Serviced 6 months ago. Petrol. Only low on power when idlying (sp?) and only since battery was fitted. Didn't cut out when the AA jump started it. Just seemes to be too much of a coincidence?

Advertisement