Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal.ie

Options
  • 19-12-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I want to register my first name as a .ie address but when I click through the purchase it says I can't register my first name or my surname only?

Is there away around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

just checking could i register my first name as a business name with the cro for 30 euro or whate ever and then get it that way, through a business name .ie??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

You can register it provisionally through Blacknight.ie - they'll save your details and then it's up to you to send through a copy of your ID.

so blacknight will allow me to register a first name providing a send in passport etc. or do I have to register it with cro.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I think they lifted the restriction on you having to be a registered company to gain a .ie extentsion for your personal name.

so answer is no, you don't have to register with the CRO. (unless you want to set up a company that is a name, e.g. John Lewis)

yeah put say I want mark.ie , paul.ie , sarah.ie Can I get them providing I am actually named this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You can register one at www.register365.com for €25.95 per annum
    the restrictions on personal domains can be found here http://www.pdn.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

haven't read your link there sposs, but on blacknight it's a combination of your first and last name, not just a first name.

looks like just a first name isn't acceptable.

http://www.blacknight.ie/irishdomains.0.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You can register the following combinations as per the Irish domain registrys policies.

Johnsmith.ie [first name / surname]
    Johnpaulsmith.ie [first name / middlename / surname]
    John-smith.ie [first name / - / surname]
    John-paul-smith.ie [first name / - / middlename / - / surname]
    Johnpsmith.ie [first name / middle initial / surname]
    John-p-smith.ie [first name / - / middle initial / - / surname]
    Jsmith.ie [first initial / surname]

Jpsmith.ie [first initial / middle initial / surname]
    Jp-smith.ie [first initial / middle initial / - / surname]
    J-smith.ie [first initial / - / surname]
    J-p-smith.ie [first initial / - / middle initial / - / surname]
    Paulsmith.ie [middlename / surname]
    Paul-smith.ie [middlename / - / surname]
    Psmith.ie [middle initial / surname]
    P-smith.ie [middle initial / - / surname]

N.B:

yeah so if I want a first name, I better go an register it as a business name with cro and get via a business domain name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Yep - only way to get first name only is set up as a trading name - an RBN cert from the www.cro.ie is 20 euro methinks nowadays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement