Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grafitti removal solution

Options
  • 19-12-2007 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can purchase grafitti removal solution in the D15 or greater dublin area?
    Soapy water and white spirit aren't doing the trick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

have you tried nitromors?
    Available from all good hardware stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

would that work on permanent marker?
    it is permanent marker on a white ABS plastic electricity supply service box on the side of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

http://www.fabricuk.com/showspecial.php?id=83

Might be to harsh for pvc, not sure.
    try it on a small area first.

thanks. I found a pdf for that Nitromors graffiti stuff elsewhere and it specifically mentions that it shouldn't be used on ABS plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

What you need for markers is either toluene, xylene or in some cases methylated spirits. Xylene and toluene are available as cellulose thinners in most paint shops....nasty stuff so watch your skin and don't leave it lying about.
    I'd try meths first though...most permanent inks will disolve if you keep rubbing at it with a meths rag.
    Nitromors is a stripping agent for multiple layers of old paint...would only damage the pvc and probably have little impact on the graffiti itself...

• Advertisement

Thanks, just tried meths with no joy. will look to the more heavy duty stuff now.

I'm tempted to try sanding it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nah you'll only scratch the ink into the PVC. Cellulose thinners will work; about a fiver for 300mls from paint shop. Wipe the area down afterwards with washing up detergent.

Advertisement