Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nothing we don't know already, but......

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

You said the following (these are direct quotes), "I would consider the French to be a nation of unintelligent rioters", and "my decision won't be based on any domestic issues as that would be plain stupid and stooping to the French level of intelligence". I'm actually stunned that you consider neither of these statements to be racist. I'm also stunned that you refuse to withdraw either statement. Your parents must be very proud of what they have raised.
    ninty9er wrote: »
    I have also checked, in person, with a SMod on boards.ie who sees no issue with what I said and in the company of others, even one who is moving to France next month, none disagreed with me or considered it could be construed as racist by anybody thinking rationally.

I have not spoken directly to mods about this ... I will now. I also encourage anyone who agrees that your comments are racist to contact a mod directly with a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

just because it's not true, doesn't mean you're not entitled to hold that opinion...I have many acquaintances all over the country who hold that view of Limerick and no matter how hard you argue that's not going to change, especially when every national newspapers spews the exact same ****e.

"Unintelligent whingers" I'll take back, but the original comment still stands. The French are seen worldwide as being arrogant, discourteous, hairy armpitted for the ladies....Now it doens't follow that every or even a majority of French people are! does that change the generalisation...No.

Listen, I'm not the biggest fan of generalisations and I don't make a habit of sweeping statements like that, but voting on people's futures in the upcoming accession states on the basis of what your own regime is doing and not because of the inherent merits and demerits of the document under discussion is "an unintelligent stance".

Now I'm quite sure that I could be called an uninformed poster, but to suggest on the basis of the original post in question that I am an unequivocal racist is quite a sweping generalisation also. I have friends from the US, Romania (and he does conform to the stereotype, though is a hard worker), Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Zimbabwe and even as far flung as Moyross. Hell I even have friends from Kerry! None of the people from the US fit the stereotype of no passport, the Romanian guy doe conform somewhat, the Polish people are hard workers in general like the stereotype says, the Czech Guy is one of the most polite people I know, but I don't know of any typical Czech stereotypes anyway, the Germans aren't always on time, the guy from Zimbabwe isn't (couldn't even think of a stereotype....he's actually a Fianna Fáiler)....the poeple from Moyross aren't scumbags as many would think when someone says they're from Moyross and the many Kerry friends I have aren't farming mucksavages.

That doesn't mean people will stop attatching a stigma to Moyross or that people will give up telling Kerryman jokes. That's life. and just because someone tells a Kerryman joke doesn't make them a racist, because I'd love to see someone try to argue that, especially to a Kerryman!!

Methinks you doth protest too much sir!
    Some of you people take life waaay to seriously if you misconstrue what I said as racist.

You are a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A is asking for B to be banned. B is asking for A to be banned. As for me, I've had more than enough of this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement