Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of girl are u?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

hmmm i reckon I have an equal amount of female and male friends...it's a good balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Like when I see a driver doing something stupid I think to myself that it has to be a woman and 9 times out of 10 it is!k.

Thats aload of poo!!
    i'm an excellent driver, i passed my drivers test first time , unlike my father or brother, and i practically drive for a living...and during my (nearly)4 yrs working there, the males have had more accidents than us girls...
    Had to get a bus today though, cos my car is in the garage, and the bus driver (male) was the worse driver in the world! he kept swapping lanes and beeping at people if they got in his way..i wanted to tell him that most of the time he was the one in the wrong..

so it works both ways, a bad driver is a bad driver, no matter what the sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ozzyoh im totally the exact same as you. im both. love my girly books and i cry and soppiest of things but due to growing up with two bro's my girlyness goes out the window. have loads of sport jerseys and live in my desert boots but i love dressing up for my man. noting more powerful than knowing you can turn a guy on by dressing the way you know he likes. i can still turn heads and get the odd whistle and i just love it. i get a bit of a rush from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think nerdy is probably the best word, I couldn't give a crap really about how I look most of the time, I wear hoodies and baggy jeans a lot, I'm not a fan of pink at all, I can't walk in high heels, and I spend way too much time behind a computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

don't like talking about self (Male)
    don't like watching sports or slow movies
    Like singing
    athletic (cant sit still)
    likes design
    no make up piercing tattoo
    can cook
    don't like my post count rising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Bit of both, like most everyone. I look the girly girl part. I wear make up, dress nicely, go to the spa and the salon. The only things I don't bother with are my nails. I love sports, but the girly sports - gymnastics and figure skating - in particular. I don't like getting dirty, and I'm not outdoorsy in the camping sense. I like the beach or going for walks.
    That all sounds pretty girly, but on the other hand, my sense of humor and taste in movies is not very girly. I hate romantic comedies and dramas. Give me mysteries, action movies, thrillers, political dramas or raunchy comedies any day. I actually dislike romance in general. I prefer for things to be more laid back. I just don't see the point in trying so hard. I don't tend to be as outwardly emotional as other women I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

i have 4 brothers, I am a tomboy, I HATE shopping, and do most of it online, I go to the hairdresser twice a year, I love my jeans and vintage tshirts. When I have to, I will wear a skirt, I wear make-up when I go out but it kind of pains me to put it on, as I usually have started drinking before i decide to do it!

I like action and indie movies, I HATE chick lit, I'm not a massive fan of pink, god help anyone who tries to link my arm walking down the street.

I fart and belch, don't want all those nasty toxins building up inside!

When it comes to opposite sex, they generally need to be spontaneous, humourous, willing to defend their opinion, without bowing to pressures from me, caring, but not soft. No public displays of affections. Need to have a backbone and not let me walk all over them.

I have checked and i'm definitely female on the outside, is it possible i have a boy brain???!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I am the most ungirly female on this planet.

I hate make up. I hate GHD's. I can't understand the point of nail varnish. I don't get why women like the colour pink - IMO it only ever looks good on newborn babies. I cannot understand why women cry at movies. I do not go to the spa. I do not have facials. I don't understand why women drown themselves in overpowering, horrible perfume. I can't get on the fake tan train at all. I don't know why a lot of women seem to have a preoccupation with chocolate. I detest shopping. I will never understand why shoes are so amazing. Puppies and kittens are just baby animals - they aren't any cuter than grown up ones. I have a baby, but I don't generally like other peoples babies. I can't stand women who use periods as an excuse to whinge, moan and engineer fights with their bewildered partners.

Really, the only thing "girly" about me at all is that I have a fully functioning uterus - one careful resident so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

100% girlie to the tips of my (manicured) fingers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Bit of both. I think the shrieking screaming girly girls (yee know who yee are ;)) give the rest of us who love being girls a bad name. As the only girl in my family have always been a bit of a tom boy - love gangster films (goodfellas :)), could beat Eamonn Dunphy in an argument about football, adverse to chicklit etc. but I love my girly things aswell.. and yes wearing pink!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

*Page* wrote: »

me too. :D this is what it has to say about us! :D

I totally love you!
    You're, smart, funny and cute as hell!
    You're always there for everyone and love helping out and having fun
    People love because youre so approachable and outgoing
    You are going to make a fantastic mother one day and the people around won't be able to live without you
    Your beautiful eyes hold a love and kindness strong enough to melt anyone's heart
    People can't help but love you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

embee wrote: »
    Puppies and kittens are just baby animals - they aren't any cuter than grown up ones.
    :eek::eek::eek:

Embee you are a gas woman.

I have to say that I love love love puppies.
    Well Im pretty girly, love getting pampered and wearing pink. Though I am wearing all black today. Love diehard and action films. Used to like chicklit books, but after being with my ex for so long I think much more like a bloke and cant stand soppy chick lit now- the exception being Sophie Kinsella and Marian Keyes, though they are more funny than soppy. I have a very low threshold for bull****, if I dont like someone I cannot fake it (I know a lot of girls that can). I really dont get women who give out about men all the time, in my experience, men are much easier to read, to understand, and are much more easygoing.

My musical tastes are v girly and eclectic (to the point of cheese I have to say:o:o) I love Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, Michael Bolton, 80's and 90's rock ballads etc.

God that felt very confessional altogether :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 paul_ire57

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I'd be a mix of both, I was a tomboy growing up and I prefer hanging out with lads (girls can be so vacant and bitchy. Boys are so much sounder)

Used to be really into my metal/ hippie style a few years back but I also love getting dolled up, dancing to Rhianna and drinking alcopops in a club! And I smell nice and have soft hair and big boobs ;)

I'll watch gross out comedies and action films but I'm a sucker for stuff like Love Actually and I cry so easily at love films! I HATE chick Lit though!

I can be a right minger too, like belching and stuff, that's funny to me! I have a potty mouth. I don't shame! And I'm a bit of a tech geek too. I watch Top Gear, and I quite likes my pr0n too. That's quite a lad thing, or so I'm told. I like snakes and lil verminy cute furry critters and spiders.

My best girlie qualities are being manipulative, bitchy and seductive/ cutesy. I'm a domestic goddess too, I loves teh cooking and cleaning (but I loves my takeaway too). I know how to play men... and women too for that matter!
    Lil_Kitten marry me!!!!!! :D lol!

When i read Lil Kittens post , the first thing that popped into my head was exactly the same as Damo :)

How many proposals did you get Kitten??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

You are the fragile type!

Your whole demeanor just screams "protect me"! but do you really need to be protected?
    You are petite, cute and soft spoken
    You are shy and timid around people and as a result have only close friends who you would give your life for
    You are loving, caring and kind; you will be a great doctor one day
    People feel at rest and peace when they are in your presence
    A dark, yet (strangely enough) a well loved person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

SheRa marry me! (hey might as well jump on Damo's bandwagon!) Also here's a test for the guys that frequent this forum.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=3614942680923062423

This was my result:
    Your Score: Schweet' art
    You scored 6 athleticism, 20 friendliness, 5 intelligence, and 13 coolness!

Aren't you just the nicest guy? You just aim to please, and are the obvious choice for many a mercy date. Hey, just because she has hair on her upper lip doesn't mean she doesn't need love, too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hmmm I'm a mix of both I suppose.
    Love my sport footie, rugby and gaa to the point of obsession, I've had an ex give out about the amount of sport I watched, i think he was just pissed off i knew more then he did.
    TV wise, love my dexter, Firefly, Criminal minds, Top gear etc.. but I am partial to some DH, and other mind numbing crap.
    I hate soaps.
    I'll read Heat every now and then, but I'd mostly read the Dexter books or the Nightwatch trilogy.
    Fav bands are Foo fighters and BellX1, love my music too.
    I don't really like chick lit or chick flicks, i'd rather a good horror or thriller.
    Oh and i can put together flat packs..:D
    I suppose I am girlie in the fact that I am blonde, I do look after my apperance, and like to look good for me, and me alone.
    And sometimes I do secretly listen to Girls Aloud and I own Britneys Greatest hits cd.
    Women can be bitches be can be completely amazing friends when you need them, on the other hand I'll go to my bloke mates when i need honesty or some practial advice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

And according to that quiz I'm a:
    Silent Girl.
    Although you hardly speak to anyone except those that are close you, doesn't mean that you have nothing to say
    In fact, you are very opinionated and strong on the inside but feel that to waste these qualities on those unfit for it is a waste of time and energy, go you!
    You are elegant and mysterious
    You love deeply with all your heart and soul
    You are the kind of person I would hold on to and never let you go
    You are precious and irreplaceable

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hmm, well I wear makeup all the time, love dressing up in nice girly dressy clothes but at the same time I'd sooner watch a boxing match and drink beer with the lads than sit watching Sex and the City with a load of giggly girls.. What does that make me?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

narco wrote: »
    You are the fragile type!
    Your whole demeanor just screams "protect me"! but do you really need to be protected?
    You are petite, cute and soft spoken
    You are shy and timid around people and as a result have only close friends who you would give your life for
    You are loving, caring and kind; you will be a great doctor one day
    People feel at rest and peace when they are in your presence
    A dark, yet (strangely enough) a well loved person.

Oooh.... for the limited amount of questions that's actually pretty good.

I'm totally the girl next door:

You are the childhood friend/girl next door type!

I totally love you!
    You're, smart, funny and cute as hell!
    You're always there for everyone and love helping out and having fun
    People love because youre so approachable and outgoing
    You are going to make a fantastic mother one day and the people around won't be able to live without you
    Your beautiful eyes hold a love and kindness strong enough to melt anyone's heart
    People can't help but love you

Awesome! Doesn't mention if she collects kinder eggs or not, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Looks like us guys are the childhood friend/girl next door type!

People can't help but love you!

Aww but I knew that already! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, yours is surprisingly accurate too, monkeyfudge.

You scored 7 athleticism, 14 friendliness, 8 intelligence, and 14 coolness!

Aren't you just the nicest guy? You just aim to please, and are the obvious choice for many a mercy date. Hey, just because she has hair on her upper lip doesn't mean she doesn't need love, too!

hmmph, think i preferred the other one.

Advertisement