Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crash repair questions

Options
  • 19-12-2007 3:27pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had a minor accident the other day. His insurance are going to pay for it. It's not that bad, probably about 1k worth of damage.

I have a few other little scratches and supermarket dents on the car which I would like to get done at the same time. Would garages fix these all in one and give one bill - or is that just not done? What if I wanted to pay the extra myself - I'm sure it would cost me less than if I got them done on their own.

Anyone done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Zascar wrote: »
    I had a minor accident the other day. His insurance are going to pay for it. It's not that bad, probably about 1k worth of damage.

I have a few other little scratches and supermarket dents on the car which I would like to get done at the same time. Would garages fix these all in one and give one bill - or is that just not done? What if I wanted to pay the extra myself - I'm sure it would cost me less than if I got them done on their own.

Anyone done this before?

Why don't you ask the garage? "I'd like to get all this work done, this through the other guys insurance, and that I'll pay for myself, thanks, how much?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Scratches are something the panelbeaters will fix at a little extra cost if they're no throught the paint. Shopping trolley dings can usually be taken care of much more cheaply and effectively by a 'dent doctor' type service avoiding having to paint he panels.

Most panelbeaters will call this service on for you but I think you should be paying extra for extras.

Panelbeaters charge by the panel also so if you have extra panel work, the saving on the paint and extra materials won't amount to much of a saving if you had gone in specifically for the existing work.

Advertisement