Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roundabouts/Pedestrain Crossing traffic lights

Options
  • 19-12-2007 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Why Why Why?!?!?!?!?!

what idiot in the NRA/ local authority decided "I know! we can put a set of traffic light 2 meters away from the roundabout entrance/exit, sure traffic will backup onto the roundabout and block all the other exists and cars will nearly kill people as they cross. but at least the pedestrain will be closer to the roundabout than if we put it a a safer distance"

grrrrrr
    sry

/rant :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Must say I have wondered about this one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Me too, i've seen a few that are downright dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

i just find it incredible that someone could rubber stamp these things when they not only clearly prevent the flow of traffic but also and more importantly are a danger to public safety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Outside the Blanch centre down past the McDs drivethrough! Them lights are so hard to notice aswell that you could possibly hit someone!

Who puts them at exits to roundabouts .. fools :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Lights and roundabouts shouldn't be mixed. They don't seem to understand that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Traffic lights are there to facilitate motorised traffic, don't be giving out that they don't penalised pedestrians enough.

If you can't see them, have your attention span and eyesight checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

ive nearly been killed a few times at a roundabout near me on my bike. id leave the roundabout and when I stop at the lights for the ped crossing the car behind me would screech to a halt (part of the road is very thin, and drivers have to wait to overtake a little further on) It was happening so often ive been cycling a different way. id be very careful crossing the road there as a pedestrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Victor wrote: »
    Traffic lights are there to facilitate motorised traffic, don't be giving out that they don't penalised pedestrians enough.

If you can't see them, have your attention span and eyesight checked.

In fairness busy roundabouts can be especially demanding. It make no sense to add extra workload and place a red light just as drivers are exiting and don't expect it as its not on 99% of roundabouts. Thats just bad road layout. Its a bit of cop out to have a poor junction then dismiss any concerns of safety with, a driver should see everything all the time.

Advertisement