Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get good cocktails in Dublin

Options
  • 19-12-2007 3:52pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So far I've heard the Morrisson and the Dylan are good...

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The Capitol on George's street is good as is Dakota on South William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

SABA do great ones, but you have to get food, worth it though!!!

Mint bar do great ones. (Westin hotel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Oh.

Don't forget the Porterhouse on Nassau street. Prices are roughly 7-9 euro, and they are put together very well.

Don't forget to try out Captain Americas. Not great selection, but some cocktails are 3 euro mon-thurs if you bring a student card. Good craic can be had sitting at the bar there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

don't drink cocktails in dublin. They are a f**king rip off. And they don't put enough booze in them especially at the prices you pay, they are just not strong enough, our measures are too small. Go to Spain/France/Germany if you want to drink real cocktails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Helper_Monkey

Better value to get a cheap flight with aerlingus to NY than drink cocktails in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

yeah well anyway if you are in Dublin,SABA is the business:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Exactly... this being the Dublin forum.

New York... who are you? Gerry Ryan? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'd also say Capitol on George's Street. If you're there before midnight all cocktails are €5. This can be dangerous though as I drank loads last time I was there and made myself quite ill. All those juices mixing around in my tummy did not sit well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

watna wrote: »
    I'd also say Capitol on George's Street. If you're there before midnight all cocktails are €5. This can be dangerous though as I drank loads last time I was there and made myself quite ill. All those juices mixing around in my tummy did not sit well!

lol! People laugh at me when I say stick to the Guinness!

+1 for capitol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Redz O'Connell bridge, two for a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

I went on a date to Floridita on Abbey street a few months back. Great selection of coctails there. The barstaff really know how to make them strong. I have a vague recollection of a peach and vanilla mojito........its not a gay drink!!!!!! mojito!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Stark wrote: »
    The Capitol on George's street is good.

5euro specials either on Mondays or Tuesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Don't forget to try out Captain Americas. Not great selection, but some cocktails are 3 euro mon-thurs if you bring a student card. Good craic can be had sitting at the bar there!

Unless you're a diner trying to eat there and the bar and surrounding area is full of drunken eejits falling off the stools, shouting and spilling their cocktails.

/rant over - I had a bad experience there once.

The Capitol is good because it's great value before 12 am. Saba makes great cocktails, but you have to put up with overpriced mediocre food to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Solas on Camden Street do the best cocktailsi n Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Solas on Camden Street do the best cocktailsi n Dublin.

Have to agree.

Also, 4 dame lane to some good ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The Westin, Westmoreland St. Pricey but delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

actually yeah Solas ones are lovely,had a good night there not so long ago,slipped my mind:p

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Capitol for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,144 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Is Traffic on Abbey St still doing its cocktail specials? They don't open mondays or tuesdays but for the rest of the week it was 2 cocktails for a tenner.

The Portherhouse do alright cocktails also.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

the octagon bar in the clarence- no contest

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ron Blacks on Dawson Street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

the octagon bar in the clarence- no contest

Except for the fact the bar staff can't take an order. Went there a few weeks ago and they got every single order wrong. Incompetent beyond belief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭euph

The Clarendon make beauties, 12 - 14 euro. Spy make a great Cosmo.

If you're out for a meal try Eden or Odessa.

Advertisement